Welcome to Alloy Heat Treatment, the UK’s first and only specialist in the heat treatment of aluminium alloys. With over 40 years experience as a subcontractor focused solely on the heat treatment of aluminium alloys, we are the preferred destination for companies within all sectors of the light metal industry.
Founded in 1974), we have on site specialists who can give advice on materials, treatments and surface engineering, preferably at the design stage.
At Alloy Heat Treatment, we pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers. Through training and development of staff at all levels we are dedicated to providing the very best service for all heat treatment requirements.
Our organisation holds NADCAP, AS 9100 accreditation, and preferred supplier status to many aerospace primes. Based in Dudley, West Midlands, we are easily accessible to all UK industry via close links to the motorway network.
- Our site operates on a 24/5 basis and offers a full suite of services including:
- Solution Treatment
- Rapid quenching – Ageing
- Dye Penetrant Inspection – Mechanical Testing
- Metallographic Inspection
- Shotblasting (exclusively aluminium) – Hardness & Conductivity testing
- Transport: collection and delivery service
- SED compliant Solvent Degreasing
- Scanning using FARO Quantum E Arm
- Distortion Correction post quench
Alloy Heat Treatment can process components up to 5 metres long and 3 tonnes in weight. We can also offer rapid quenching into either polymer or water (hot or cold) if required.