Working at Pegler
Pegler is well known and respected as one of the leading manufacturers of advanced plumbing, heating and engineering products in the world. It's a reputation earned through a total dedication to quality, innovation and customer service that's been the hallmark of the company since it was established in the 1890’s (originally trading as Pegler Ltd and Yorkshire Fittings Ltd). Pegler is part of the Integrated Piping Systems Division of Aalberts N.V. (www.pegleryorkshire.co.uk)
Aalberts engineers mission-critical technologies for ground-breaking industries and everyday life. We are where technology matters and real progress can be made. Humanly, environmentally and financially. With over 16,000 employees, Aalberts operates some 70 business locations and 80 service locations with activities in over 50 countries. Our organisational structure of four business segments is covered by some 15 business teams. (www.aalberts.com)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Blacksmith/Fabricator to join our Maintenance department based at our Doncaster site, reporting into the Maintenance Planner. The role will be 37 hours per week on a Monday - Friday shift pattern.
The purpose of the role is to provide a fabrication/maintenance service within the Doncaster facility, covering all aspects of repairs across the entire site.
The full job description is available to download in the top right corner of this page.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out fabrication/welding repairs across the site including MIG, TIG and stick
- Manufacture fabrications to ensure plant and equipment is kept in safe and good working order
- Provide support where needed to ensure that plant and equipment are kept in good working order and comply with H&S regulations
- Actively support all factory improvement projects
- Ensure that PPM’s are carried out on time and in the correct manner
- Ensure that the all work is logged onto the companies Planned Maintenance System
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Willingness to undertake apprenticeship training
- An understanding of Health and Safety Requirements & able to work in line with site regulations & guidelines
- Forward thinking individual
- Proactive, energetic, always searching for improvement
- Ability to work under their own initiative