Founded in 1963, LK Metrology is globally renowned for our innovative metrology solutions and services, partnering with our customers worldwide across the automotive, aerospace, defence, motorsport, energy and medical industries.
Our products, including coordinate measurement machines (CMM), portable measuring arms and metrology software are used worldwide to control and improve the quality of manufactured components. Our precision technology underpins the process of design, development, production and assembly through to quality assurance for our customers.
We have offices globally, but our Head Office/Factory is based in Castle Donington, Derbyshire, where our highly knowledgeable teams are responsible for the design, development and production of all of our metrology products against strict industry standards. We manufacture all of our products here at Castle Donington, and we are proud to be a British manufacturer!
As Assembly Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out fitting, assembly and testing of our CMM’s
- Checking that kits are complete and in line with bills of material
- Alignment and testing of assembled parts
- Quality inspection of own work and the work of others in accordance with processes and standards
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings and/or electronic schematics
- Testing & fault finding when required
- Calibration and verification of CMM’s
- Participating in the training of other members of staff when required
- Assembly and cleaning of components
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and organised work area
- Maintaining Health & Safety standards at all times
This role is based at our Head Office in Castle Donington on the East Midlands Airport Site.
Working for LK Metrology:
At LK, we look to employ people who will do their best to put the needs of the company first when they are at work, treating our company as though it is their own. With every employee sharing this mindset, we will succeed and we can then share our success with our employees. With this in mind, whilst your skills, knowledge and experience are all important, we believe that your personality and attitude are just as important.
In return for your hard work, we will always try our best to offer you a flexible, fun and enjoyable working environment. We will also offer you:
- 6% company pension contribution
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + opportunity to purchase additional 5 days each year + additional service days
- Flexible start and finish times
- Employee discounts across most major retailers including retail, leisure and hospitality
- Free premium Italian coffee
- Summer and Christmas social events
Our ideal applicant for the position of Assembly Technician will be able to demonstrate the following as part of their application and interview process:
- An electro/mechanical qualification, or qualified by experience
- Previous experience working in a busy manufacturing environment, responsible for the assembly of electro/mechanical equipment to agreed drawings
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Mechanical aptitude essential, electronic aptitude desirable
- Troubleshooting skills
- Basic computer skills
A knowledge of metrology would be advantageous but not essential.
If you meet the above criteria, we would really like to hear from you.
No unsolicited agency calls please.