We are looking for a bright and passionate Assistant Buyer to help coordinate the purchasing of products within an extremely vast product selection and across many varied suppliers. This is an exciting opportunity for a bright and ambitious individual wishing to make a real difference in a growing business.
- Prompt and accurate placing of orders from requisitions and MRP output as well as aligning delivery dates to ongoing changes in customer schedules.
- Regular progressing of outstanding orders to maintain prompt, on time deliveries.
- Liaise with accounts and other departments to facilitate the prompt passing of invoices.
- Produce reports necessary to carry out Month-end procedures at the end of each accounting period.
- Provide information monthly, appertaining to lead times, spends and holiday/closure dates for suppliers that are required for various review meetings.
- To answer concession requests from suppliers, liaising with Engineering and Production departments
- Complete any buying office objectives/targets set in a timely manner.
- Explore alternative products/services to reduce costs, without compromising on quality and in line with purchasing policy.
- Liaise and meet with supplier representatives in respect to evaluating new products, resolving problems with delivery, quality, accounts, improving services and reducing costs.
- Attend various meetings to review and discuss upcoming projects and how the purchasing department can support.
- Target key suppliers/projects with a view to achieving best value and reducing costs.
An enthusiastic, dynamic, process driven individual required to join a newly formed purchasing team.
The candidate must have a proactive approach to their day-to-day activities but also be able to react to a fast-paced changing environment when required.
The individual will need the skills to help develop purchasing processes and have the people skills to influence and train others to ensure compliance.