GSM Valtech is a long-established engineering company based in Wetherby, specialising in the design, manufacture and assembly of bespoke sheet metal enclosures and precision sheet metal work. Due to continued growth, we are now looking to fill the following role:
Business development manager
5 years’ experience in a similar role is required in the Engineering sector. E.g. Fabrication, Machining, Aerospace, Automotive etc.
The successful candidate will be required to do the following : -
· Propose and agree growth strategies that will enable GSM Valtech to meet the annual growth targets as set by the company business plan.
· Set sales budgets for the year and ensure profit margins are maintained.
· Manage customer accounts and marketing personnel setting achievable targets.
· Identify and manage any training requirement's that team members may be required.
· Undertake customer sales/support visits and organise as necessary.
· Manage marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events as required.
· Ensure all quotations are raised and followed up within agreed timescales.
· Ensure all contracts loaded and acknowledged are correct and all criteria has been identified and actioned.
· Monitor and develop the company websites.
· Develop company literature.
· Support implementation of new business system including sales CRM.
· Target customers and products that suit the requirement's and capabilities of GSM Valtech.
· Analyse costs and sales and prepare monthly reports for management meetings
· You should expect to work long or irregular hours to meet deadlines, secure deals and attend conferencing and networking events.
· Use formal customer satisfaction survey techniques each year to gain feedback.
· Compile and issue visit reports. Verbally communicate visit details where necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bike to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wetherby LS22 7DN: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (preferred)