Hayley Rail is the rail industry focused division of Hayley Group Ltd. Hayley Group is the largest independent distributor of engineering products and consumables in the United Kingdom. The Group employs over 900 employees and operates a network of over 45 branches.
Hayley Group have focused on rail as a key industry sector for over 14 years, providing our customers with excellent service from our four Rail depots situated in Manchester, Halesowen, Edinburgh and West Thurrock. We have expertise in all areas of the rail industry, working with Train Operating Companies, Freight Operating Companies, OEMs and infrastructure partners to deliver products such as hand tools, PPE, fasteners, power tools, lubricants and general industrial products that complement the Hayley Rail service. A key area of our business is to add value to our customers’ operations through process.
An exciting position in Internal Sales/Customer Service has become available for the right candidate at our West Midlands branch.
Job Title: Customer Service Assistant
Location: Hayley HQ, Site 3, Halesowen, West Midlands, B63 3PG
Working Hours: 40 hours, Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm, plus 1 in 4 Saturday mornings by rota. Additional working hours may be required during busy periods.
Purpose: To deliver a best-in-class, innovative and professional customer experience, working collaboratively and proactively with our customers to provide product and service solutions. The chosen candidate will display responsive and effective problem-solving skills, whilst utilising our expertise and data insights to mitigate potential issues and identify improvements.
Customer satisfaction is an important part of the role, as well as building strong relationships, trust and open communication with our customers – they should be made to feel valued and recognise that Hayley contributes to their success through our actions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Daily management of phones and the customer service mailbox
- Support general enquiries, ensuring ownership and prompt resolution
- Identify and manage customers’ needs, providing appropriate solutions
- Achieve profitable sales of goods across the product range
- Order and returns processing
- Assist with daily shipping requirements and label creation
- Oversee credits and credit approvals
- Supply proof of delivery notes
- Creation and distribution of reports
- Daily open order management, ensuring on time delivery and proactive communication with customers
- Proactively work with customers and the Hayley Accounts team to resolve any invoice queries, ensuring on-time payment
- Customer TLR management – stock and trends monitoring, proactive stock management activities and report
- Vending management support
- Adhoc purchasing tasks, including placing orders with suppliers
- General administration duties, including accurate filing and retrieval of documentation
- Building rapport with customers, establishing credibility when providing product and service information
- To undertake other similar or associated duties as may be assigned to you
Knowledge & Skills requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience or relevant qualifications pertaining to customer service
- Knowledge or previous experience of working with PPE would be advantageous
- Proficient communicator, with the ability to negotiate, actively listen and empathise
- Effective time management skills, highly organised, able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly under pressure
- Meticulous – excellent attention to detail and a high quality of work delivered
- Problem solver – can troubleshoot and implement solutions
- Critical thinker, self-motivated and dynamic
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Collaborative – can successfully integrate and function in a team environment
- Flexible and adaptable
- Customer focused – driven to provide a consistent high level of service
- Professional level of verbal and written communication skills, as well as good numerical skills
- Competent in basic computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite
To apply for this position, please email a covering letter with your CV to [email protected]