As Development Engineer – Electronic Hardware, you will be responsible for:
- Design of digital and analogue electronic hardware.
- Design and layout of multi-layer PCBs.
- Development and maintenance of QNX board support packages.
- Writing and maintenance of firmware (C).
- Test and fault finding of electronic hardware.
- Integration of third-party hardware into LK systems.
- Liaison with electronic manufacturing companies.
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant standards.
- Providing of technical support to other departments worldwide.
- Writing and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Writing and maintenance of windows applications (C#).
- Providing technical support for special projects.
Whilst we offer our employees the opportunity to work from home up to 2 days per week, due to the nature of this role and the need to work with our equipment, this role will be site based with occasional opportunities to work from home where workload allows.
Our ideal applicant for the position of Development Engineer – Electronic Hardware, will be able to demonstrate the following as part of their application and interview process:
- Experience of taking responsibility for the full lifecycle of products from initial concept, through to design, test and manufacture
- Experience in the design of analogue and digital hardware
- A degree in electronics or a closely related discipline or alternatively, you will be time served or qualified by experience
- Knowledge and/or experience of FPGA design
- Knowledge and/or experience of writing firmware in C
- Knowledge and/or experience of writing C# applications
- Experience of design and test to the relevant standards: CE, EMC, LVD
- Previous experience of Subversion and Jira
- Understanding of real-time servo control systems
A knowledge of metrology would be advantageous but not essential. If you meet the above criteria, we would really like to hear from you.
Working for LK Metrology:
At LK, we look to employ people who will do their best to put the needs of the company first when they are at work, treating our company as though it is their own. With every employee sharing this mindset, we will succeed, and we can then share our success with our employees. With this in mind, whilst your skills, knowledge and experience are all important, we believe that your personality and attitude are just as important.
In return for your hard work, we will always try our best to offer you a flexible, fun and enjoyable working environment. We will also offer you:
- 6% company pension contribution
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + opportunity to purchase additional 5 days each year + additional service days
- Flexible start and finish times
- *The opportunity to work from home on Fridays
- Employee discounts across most major retailers including retail, leisure and hospitality
- Summer and Christmas social events*Subject to the requirements of your role
Working for LK Metrology:
Founded in 1963, LK Metrology is globally renowned for our innovative metrology solutions and services, partnering with our customers worldwide across the automotive, aerospace, defence, motorsport, energy and medical industries.
Our products, including coordinate measurement machines (CMM), portable measuring arms and metrology software are used worldwide to control and improve the quality of manufactured components. Our precision technology underpins the process of design, development, production and assembly through to quality assurance for our customers.
We have offices globally, but our Head Office/Factory is based in Castle Donington, Derbyshire, where our highly knowledgeable teams are responsible for the design, development and production of all of our metrology products against strict industry standards. We manufacture all of our products here at Castle Donington, and we are proud to be a British manufacturer!
No unsolicited agency calls please.