Here at LK, we design and manufacture Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM’s) for customers all over the world. In fact, we are the world’s oldest CMM Manufacturer, something that we are extremely proud of.
Headquartered in Castle Donington next to East Midlands Airport, we have Sales and Support offices in the UK, as well as North America, China and throughout Europe.
We are passionate about our product range and meeting the needs of our customers, but we cannot meet their needs without our people, who are the foundation of our success. Working for LK Metrology means working for a business where staff ideas and feedback are not only welcome, but encouraged. If you are prepared to work hard and would like to have some fun along the way, then working for LK Metrology might be the right choice when considering the next step in your career.
About the role
This is a critical role within our business, as you will be working alongside the Electrical Engineering Manager, Electrical Design Engineer and other Development Engineers in the development of LK Metrology Products. Your duties will include:
- Design of digital and analogue electronic hardware.
- Design and layout of multi-layer PCBs.
- Development and maintenance of QNX board support packages.
- Writing and maintenance of firmware (C).
- Test and fault finding of electronic hardware.
- Integration of third-party hardware into LK systems.
- Liaison with electronic manufacturing companies.
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant standards.
- Providing of technical support to other departments worldwide.
- Writing and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Writing and maintenance of windows applications (C#).
- Providing technical support for special projects.
Our ideal applicant will have the following key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Degree in electronics or a closely related discipline
- Experience of taking responsibility for the full product lifecycle from initial concept to design, through to test and manufacture
- Experience of analogue and digital hardware
- FPGA design exposure
- Knowledge of writing firmware in C
- Ability to work both independently, and within a small team
What can we offer you in return?
- Competitive salary and pension
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + additional service days
- Flexible working hours including home working
- Summer and Christmas social events
- Discounted purchases across most major retailers via our employee benefits platform
- Friendly, sociable and supportive working environment with a “one team” ethos