Purpose of role and key accountabilities:
As a company we work to the aerospace AS9100 quality standard. We expect our employees in this role to be able to follow procedures, have the ability to read complex engineering drawings and produce work to a very high standard.
Core skills/attributes needed:
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes, preferably within the aerospace or automotive industry
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and aerospace specifications
- Setting up to operate fabricating machines including brake press, guillotine and band saws to cut, bend and straighten metal as required
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on materials/ panels according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares and rulers
- Inspect individual parts, assemblies and installations for conformance to specifications, quality standards, using measuring instruments.
- You must be competent at general Sheet Metal duties including; deburring, drilling
- Having previously worked in precision engineering/manufacturing is essential for this position
- Primarily be working with aluminum and some mild steel & stainless steel.
- Shape metal materials using both hand and others tools including: Stretch Forming; Rubber Press; Brake Press;
- Adhere and follow ISO9001 procedures
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver parts on time
- Problem analysis and decision making
- Knowledge and proven experience of fabrication techniques
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques and other modern manufacturing methods
- Strict adherence to health and safety, and standard operation protocols expected
The employee must also strive to support the elements of the SQCDP framework of the wider Gardner business;
- Safety: work in line with all accredited company safety standards in order to provide a safe working environment for all
- Quality: support the quality accreditations across the business to ensure the delivery of a ‘right first time’ performance
- Cost: support the continuous improvements in cost reduction activities across the company in order to deliver increased profitability and value for money to our customers and stakeholders
- Delivery: drive improvement in delivery performance to continually exceed customer expectations and targets
- People: support organisational capability and influence cultural change by embracing diversity, inclusion, wellbeing and community
Measurable performance indicators/objectives of role:
- Timely supply of product to our customers
- Quality assured products supplied to customers (Quality Performance)
Gardner Aerospace is an active supporter of the Armed forces Covenant and a silver award holder in the employer recognition scheme.