£22,672 - £22,672
Main purpose of job:
- Reporting to the Production Manager, you will assist colleagues with workshop and delivery based tasks.
- You may undertake a wide range of activities such as:
- quality checking,
- helping to lift heavy items,
- organising and maintaining a clean workshop.
- There will be other tasks from time to time.
- You will be trained in all aspects of your job.
Main tasks of job include:
- You will quality check parts coming from the cutting machines to make sure they are burr free and have all cut correctly.
- Carefully grind and deburr any parts which do not meet the Company’s quality standards
- Assist machine operators to make sure the Company’s efficiency targets are met.
- Assist operators with any stock control tasks.
- Assist fabricators with parts’ assembly based tasks
- Assist in the movement of goods and other items around the workshops by operating a counterbalance forklift truck
- You should cooperate on work-projects with the office and workshop teams
- Behave in a manner which meets
- the Company’s policies and
- guidelines for health and safety requirements as set out in your Employment Contract and Health and Safety Handbook.
- Maintain a clean and organised working area, wherever you are working in the workshops.
- Undertake training where required
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be expected to perform other tasks during peak times.
- The ideal candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic and have a hands-on attitude.
- Previous use of equipment for grinding, drilling, countersinking and tapping will be beneficials to this role.
- Having a valid Counterbalance Fork-Lift Truck licence will give you an advantage.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
You will be monitored on the following KPIs:
- Assessment from Operators and Managers about you following instructions satisfactorily.
- Your speed and ability to act on instructions without disruption.
- Feedback from managers on use of initiative
- Feedback from managers on time management
- Feedback from all work colleagues on participation in work projects and cooperative working.
- 40 hours per week, paid monthly.
- 224 hours holiday per year (hourly holidays to maximise flexible working).
- Working hours can be adjusted for those wishing to avoid traffic or for those who wish to work a 4 day week.
- 8.00 til 17.00 Monday to Thursday
- 8.00 til 14.30 Friday.
- Performance will be frequently reviewed and increases to the salary will occur on continual good performance results shown in the KPIs and the ability to go above and beyond the written job specification.
- Starting rate is £10.90 per hour with opportunity to earn more if you chose to learn to operate key equipment.
- “Production Bonus” paid monthly when targets are met.
- 1 day extra holiday entitlement per year for every year of employment (Up to 8 years).
- Strong commitment to training and development
- Hassle free enrolment into company pension scheme
- Free on site parking
- Make sure you are capable to carry out your role
- Identify relevant learning and development needs
- Make sure you work to the agreed standard,
- relevant external regulations and
- internal documentation and
- in accordance with
- to meet customer requirements.
- You should
- carry out all specified quality checks, making sure work is done to the required Company standards
- complete relevant records (electronic and paper)
- You must identify any purchase requirements and communicate these to the Purchasing and Logistics Manager.
- Polite communication with
- suppliers and
- delivery drivers
- Work cooperatively with all workshop and office teams
- You should report problems to managers such as those related to
- our products and services,
- supplier problems,
- infrastructure problems,
- customer dissatisfaction
- Undertake training where required
Please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] to apply.