JOB TITLE: HR & PAYROLL MANAGER
TYPE: FULL-TIME PERMANENT
HOURS: 39 HOURS PER WEEK,
7:00AM – 16:00PM: MONDAY – THURSDAY, 7:00AM – 12:00PM: FRIDAY.
Responsible for ensuring the delivery of HR administration is consistent, accurate and operates to best practice in a fast-paced environment providing end-to-end services to improve the credibility and reputation of the HR function.
To support the Operations Director with all elements of deliverables for the function, operating in line with current HR/ Payroll policies and procedural changes that affect Frederick Cooper Birmingham colleagues.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the HR services processes and services are efficient, effective and consistently applied,
- Ensuring HR services meet all key deliverables and related matters in a timely and accurate manner,
- Administer payroll and payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changes. You will be involved with weekly or monthly payroll runs, ensuring the employer and employee PAYE are managed and paid in good time. You would also be responsible for managing the company’s pensions and benefits payments as well as maintaining payroll accounts and employee records,
- Specifically support the recruitment and onboarding process, through drafting offer letters and employment contracts to ensuring the smooth transition of new starters into the business by carrying out effective induction of contractors and permanent staff,
- Ensuring HR processes are implemented to the expected standards and all HR service systems, documentation and internal ways of working is company compliant and meets required standards,
- Developing and maintaining strong and credible internal stakeholder relationships,
- Acting as an escalation point of contact for urgent and complex HR queries to provide the best outcome,
- Evaluating the service on a regular basis through various mechanisms,
- Reviewing the toolkit used within the team to ensure practical service delivery meets changing business needs,
- Implementing and embedding a programme of continuous improvement to streamline processes to maximise efficiency and effectiveness,
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them,
- Support training and development operations within the business (Frederick Cooper Academy)
- Implement learning and development policy.
- Ideally you will be from a manufacturing or automotive background, with experience of working with contractors, temporary staff at a ‘blue collar level’, alongside our internal employees,
- You will have relevant HR (CIPD/SHRM/CIPP) or project management qualifications and a minimum 3- year HR/ Payroll experience,
- Comprehensive and up to date knowledge UK and European employment law to support appropriate query handling and advice,
- Management of volume, routine, complex and diverse HR matters across the full employee life cycle,
- You are digitally savvy, with specific knowledge of SAGE50 Payroll,
- You can build lasting client relationships, be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Frederick Cooper Birmingham has to offer.
- Excellent work life balance
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension
- Company benefits/ rewards scheme
If our HR (& Payroll) Manager role sounds like a step up from your current role please apply for immediate consideration.
If you feel you meet the requirements above please send your CV [email protected] or call 0121 772 4201 and ask for the HR department.