Job Title: Import Coordinator
Location: Hayley Group HQ, Shelah Road, Halesowen, B63 3XL
Working Hours: 40 hours Monday – Friday, plus 1:4 Saturday mornings. Additional working hours may be required during busy periods.
The Import Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all imports made by the product category purchasing teams at Head Office, and will also provide support to our branch network for ad-hoc import purchases. They will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to reduce our inbound carriage costs and for selecting the best method for importing goods, both for long term and spot purchases.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the purchasing teams to maximise service to the business and its customers, whilst minimising costs and ensuring compliance.
- Provide an Import Service to the branch network to ensure complete accuracy of all relevant import costs, making sure customer quotations are completed correctly.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of import documents provided by the suppliers and nominated freight forwarders, and dealing promptly with any errors or inconsistencies.
- Day-to-day liaison with the freight forwarders, warehouse operations, hauliers and other third-party logistics, including the resolution of issues relating to the movement of all products.
- Daily coordination of shipping documentation for customs clearance.
- Provide logistics solutions, guidance and commercial support, including identification of any customs-specific regulations or requirements relating to importing goods from the relevant countries.
- Manage a robust audit trail for all activities, including goods classifications and relevant shipping documentation, and using these details to provide information to HMRC as and when required.
- Query resolutions on incorrect, late and non-delivered orders and damaged or imperfect goods.
- Support in ensuring specific supplier and freight invoices conform to the agreed rates and quantities.
Skills & Requirements
- The successful candidate must have experience within the field of import logistics of all types of freight (road, sea and air).
- A customer service background would be advantageous.
- Ability to support internal customers within our branch network, to promote the import support you can offer.
- Excellent communication skills, happy to help customers by providing updates and solving problems either on the telephone or via online communications.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a changing work environment.
- Has excellent attention to detail and can quickly identify anomalies in paperwork.
- Experience in entering import declarations within the HMRC systems would also be beneficial.
To apply for this position, please email a covering letter with your CV to [email protected]