Based in our UK HQ, you will be responsible for planning and coordinating all national and international collections and deliveries - courier and freight.
As the Logistics Coordinator, this is a hands on role and you will have a good understanding of global transport routes, customs procedures, and international trade.
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Log & track all shipments.
- Book transport companies and send appropriate documentation in good time so as not to delay dispatch.
- Timely and accurate completion of import and export customs entries and declarations
- Data input the daily collections, create the delivery notes within Factory Master and print the daily delivery manifest, tracking emails and pull necessary paperwork.
- Monitor the daily log and action/solve any issues and escalate/report to senior management if required.
- Advise the Production Control, Sales and Account Managers regarding the best route for shipping based on size, fragility, value and destination.
- Advise Sales Production Control & Account Managers of shipping quotes/prices in a timely manner.
- Support other departments as and when necessary.
- Any other reasonable request
- Previous experience in an export/shipping/logistics role
- ITOPS qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of EU and non-EU import and export processes
- Producing and dealing with international shipping documentation
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment - working to deadlines and changes.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be competent in use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team, and the ability to react to short notice changes to suit operational requirements.