Purpose of the job
To working closely with the senior management team to prepare, analyse and seek cost improvements for all projects moving through the business and subsequently providing accurate financial reporting and recommendations at the conclusion of each project.
To monitor the performance of all operational areas of the site and drive continuous improvement against agreed KPI’s and support the Joint MD’s generally in all financial aspects of the business.
- A strong accounting background and experience within the manufacturing sector
- CIMA or ACCA qualified preferred but not essential
- Good project management skills with a proven track record of delivery
- Confident and experienced within a manufacturing site and have an ability to get involved at all levels of the organisation whilst being a team player
- Good interpersonal skill and be able to effectively communicate with colleagues and external agencies
- A working knowledge of Sage Line 50 or equivalent ERP system
- An ability to build and manage robust performance monitoring and reporting systems
- Staff management experience or the aspiration to gain this experience
- Ability to challenge the “status quo” and to take a ‘hands on’ approach
Main responsibilities of the role
- Responsibility for the preparation and analysis of costing and management information throughout the business and running the financial aspects of machine build projects
- Monitoring systems and providing financial analysis, input and explanations including interpretation and explanation of usages, costs and variances across Projects and the business generally
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and KPI reporting
- Produce monthly management accounts and flash reports
- Identification and reporting of cost saving and profit improvement initiatives in the operations environment (continuous improvement).
- Providing input to any system development projects
- Managing the businesses stock control and accounting procedures
- Support the management team generally in all areas as and when required