Are you a talented Senior Marketing Executive or Manager looking for your next career move? Do you have B2B marketing experience and are looking to join a thriving business within an exciting industry? If so, we may just have the perfect opportunity…
The Marketing Team is responsible for increasing the brand visibility of the trading arms within the OGL Group of Companies: OGL Software, IT Solutions and CyberGuard Technologies, as well as delivering qualified leads to the Sales Teams. In addition, we support our customer facing teams to ensure our existing customers feel valued and are communicated with in an effective way.
Our objective is to present a professional image of the business and demonstrate why we are the preferred technology partner to over 1,000 UK businesses.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, our Marketing Managers are aligned to the individual divisions within the Group to enable them to develop an in-depth knowledge of the products and services as well as understand the needs of the specific target markets. This current vacancy will initially be responsible for supporting our Software Division.
The demand for technology to enable businesses to transform the way they work is continually increasing. In 2022 and beyond, we have exciting plans for growth and diversification which requires experienced and first-class marketers to drive the business forward.
The role will provide scope for you to influence and shape the future of our marketing within a reputable, financially sound company with 45 years' experience in the technology industry. If this sounds like an exciting proposition, then we want to hear from you.
So that’s what we are looking for, but why work for OGL?
OGL is at the forefront of the technology industry, partnering with some of the biggest global players in IT and cyber security. In addition to this we have our hugely successful ERP software with our own in-house teams of software developers, web designers and support professionals.
And we’re growing, which is why we are seeking dynamic, motivated and creative people to come and join our team!
We offer fulfilling careers, personal and professional development and a great working environment. Having started from humble beginnings in 1976, we value our heritage and the solid enduring foundation we are built on, but we have continually evolved to remain at the forefront of the technology industry.
You’ll be working alongside almost 300 highly skilled, talented, ambitious individuals who work together to deliver best-in-class solutions and a first-class service to our 1,000+ customers. We actively support internal progression and personal development if you want it, and there is immense job satisfaction to be found at OGL, with a culture that supports staff, listens to ideas and includes people at all levels in the decision-making process.
Our fantastic employees are proud to work for OGL, and you will be too if you join us as we continue to expand.
Now for the detail…
- Job Type: Permanent - Full-Time
- Monday to Friday
- Location: Kidderminster / Hybrid
- Salary: Dependent on experience
Our staff work hard, and we appreciate their commitment. That’s why we want them to feel valued. We have all the standard benefits you expect from most employers plus a few extras too…
- Hybrid / flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Private healthcare
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- An investment in your learning, development and career progression
- Free on-site parking
- Maintain integrity of the Group, divisional and product brands
- Ensure high level of accuracy in grammar and spelling in all content produced to present a professional image
Multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Campaign planning, development and delivery
- Content creation
- Brief Graphic Designer on creative requirements ensuring alignment with company brand guidelines
- Report on campaign performance
- Ensure data is maintained correctly on CRM to enable targeting and personalisation to maximise marketing impact
- Work alongside our Digital Marketing Manager to deliver digital advertising and social media campaigns to achieve lead generation targets
- Maintain web content to ensure accurately represents our portfolio of products and services as well as creating dedicated pages to support campaigns. Optimise content as advised by the Digital Marketing Manager
- Design & deliver targeted email campaigns including triggered and automated programs (DotDigital)
- Manage logistics of attendance at events (both physical and virtual)
- Work closely with Sales on the event objectives
- Delivery of all event materials i.e. graphics, merchandise etc
PR & media relations
- Work with PR agency to deliver regular, targeted PR coverage to promote OGL as well as support SEO and website referral traffic
Content development / authoring
- Identify opportunities and work with New Business sales to produce well written, professional case studies & testimonials (written & video format)
- Write regular blogs & guides – research topics and work with product specialists within OGL to create high level content written for our target audience
- Source relevant third-party content that can be used to add value to our website and in marketing campaigns
- Contribute ideas for video content i.e. product or market focused to support campaigns and to add value to the website
Marketing & sales collateral
- Ensure all documentation and literature is brand compliant, accurate, well written and professional
- Produce professional PowerPoint presentations to support events and to assist Sales / other Managers who are delivering presentations
Market analysis / reporting
- Competitor analysis – maintain good understanding of what our competitors are doing, key messages they are putting out, campaign activity and new products and services being offered
- Identify potential vertical markets that can be targeted with campaigns
- Contribute content to our Staff Intranet
- Ad hoc marketing projects as required
Planning & reporting
Produce monthly marketing reports for the Head of Marketing;
- New Business campaign performance
- Prospect engagement
- Social media engagement
- Projects / campaigns / activity updates
Regular meetings with Sales Managers to review leads and campaign performance against targeted KPIs as well as plan upcoming activity
- Discuss / present new ideas for future campaigns
Skills & Experience...
Essential Skills & Experience...
Proven ability to:
- Develop and deliver B2B multi-channel marketing campaigns, utilising both traditional and digital marketing techniques
- Work with multiple stakeholders at various levels and present marketing ideas in a professional and confident manner
- Plan and deliver successful events (physical and virtual)
- Write engaging content suitable for a variety of mediums such as media (PR), company website(s) and social media channels, as well as marketing campaigns and customer newsletters
- Produce first-class marketing materials for both print and online
Desirable Skills & Experience…
- Experience of working within the Software, IT and/or cyber sectors is desirable
- Strong skills in MS Office, in particular Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Excellent creative and visual skills with good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Illustrator)
- Impeccable English grammar and spelling accuracy
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects often to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, can demonstrate initiative, and communicates with flair
- Service driven and professional with an organised and enthusiastic approach
- Used to working to targeted KPIs
- Full driving licence (as travel offsite is sometimes required)
- Marketing qualification to Degree level, or equivalent CIM diploma, or minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
We reserve the right to close any vacancy from further applications when we have received a sufficient number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.