This is a tremendous opportunity for an energetic and enthusiastic Mechanical Engineer to play a critically important role as we continue to drive growth with an exciting range of world-leading products. Working as part of the Engineering team, supporting the existing new product development team, you will have responsibility and visibility and will make a real difference to the performance of the business, developing in your career whilst being able to really see the impact of your efforts.
Primarily focusing on new product development and reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, this role will include a variety of short-term and long-term projects. Ample opportunities will arise to work with cross-functional teams such as Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, and Manufacturing. This is the innovative thinker with a future technology outlook and creative mind, who will continue pushing TecQuipment’s tradition of leading the market.
- Mechanical Engineering degree (Masters level preferred), ideally specialised in Thermodynamics, Aerodynamics / Fluid dynamics, Dynamics and Vibrations, or Renewable energy.
- Member of IMechE or other professional Institution, ideally with chartered status
- Passionate about developing systems for education.
- Innovative and experienced working well in teams
- Strong problem-solving ability and critical thinking
- Able to meet deadlines and motivated to deliver to project goals.
- Committed and driven to work to high quality and performance standards.
- 2+ Years’ experience in engineering systems mechanical design
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience of successful design cost-down activities
- Ability to engage with people and drive projects to a successful conclusion within a high-pressure manufacturing operation.
- Experience and understanding of high variability low volume manufacturing.
- Knowledge of post process treatments
- Strong IT skills and experience with MRP/ERP tools
- Ability to use 3D CAD – ideally SolidWorks with industry standard practices in drawing creation.
- Experience in design for manufacture and assembly
- Experience in CE marking activities.
- Understanding of good product development methodologies and product life-cycle management
- Knowledge of robust Bill of Materials structure and management
- Geometric tolerancing and dimensioning experience
How to apply
Email your CV and optional covering letter to [email protected]