Yorkshire CNC Precision Engineering is part of the Unison Ltd Group here in Scarborough
This is a great opportunity for a driven and dynamic individual to make a real difference in a business with ambition. Currently all operations are focused on internal projects within the Unison family of Companies but this role whilst focused very heavily on ensuring production runs smoothly you will also be key to developing the businesses external sales opportunities from a standing start.
Our facilities and expertise are wide ranging within the fields of steel fabrication and CNC machining and we can accommodate clients purely searching for a one off solution or those seeking to establish a long term supplier relationship. Unison’s clients worldwide the range our work is diverse and interesting. This role is key to developing YCNC’s own clients and delivering production to meet those new sales and Unison’s needs.
You will work closely with the Senior Management team of our sister company Unison Limited and take responsibility for all aspects of workflow and production routing within our machine shop facility including initial costing, time estimation, works order creation, data acquisition and analysis. You will also manage all aspects of external procurement and sub-contract works dealing with drawing queries, ensuring value for money and timely delivery.
At the same time, you will be responsible for developing and nurturing new sales opportunities and customers including being actively involved in the quoting process.
- Drive production on time delivery through daily interaction with colleagues to ensure a smooth communication flow and identifying alternatives such as overtime, outsourcing, liaising with the buyer for alternative solutions.
- Oversee production planning and management activities within the organisation.
- Develop production plan and timelines according to production specifications.
- Monitor production status and ensure timely delivery.
- Drive sales opportunities with the support of the Unison sales and marketing team
- Prepare sales quotes in tandem with the mechanical and tooling design team
- Assist in production risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Provide the scheduling data and reports required to manage sales, accounts, production, materials, supply chain & service departments work flow.
- Plan expedited works such as critical spares on similar basis.
- Maintain accurate records for post analysis of costs.
- Works with department heads to scope out meaningful project estimates, task lists, and times.
- Manage all inspection of finished part’s.
- Ordering and Stock control of Raw materials.
- Ensure best price of external procurement and sub-contract work supported by our buying team.
You must have outstanding organisational and time management skills, with excellent attention to detail. Have a good knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain and distribution management.
You must be customer service orientated with excellent interpersonal skills and be solutions focussed. Have excellent negotiation skills with a strong respect for others. The ability to successfully communicate and build relationships at all levels is key. Having the ability to work equally well on your own initiative or with general supervision. Good IT skills and the ability to extract, interpret and analyse data is a must. Experience in Advanced Excel is essential to the role, a working knowledge of Microsoft Project would be preferred.
The ability to read, fully understand and interpret engineering drawings is essential to this role.
A HND or higher in a related STEM subject or at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role