*British Citizenship Required/No Dual Nationalities*
McGeoch Technology Ltd. Have an exciting opportunity for the position of Panel Wirer /Electrical Technician. The successful applicant will be based at our production, assembly and test facility in Birmingham City Centre, where we design, manufacture, and repair a range of products and services for defence and industrial markets including ATEX Lighting, Electrical Distribution, Instrumentation and Control solutions.
Our reputation for integrity is built on compliance with laws and regulations, ethical conduct, and respect for each other, wherever we operate. We are committed to maintaining high standards and are an equal opportunities employer.
Our businesses serve a wide range of industries, including Aviation, Space, Defence, Rail, Medical, Scientific and Oil & Gas Sectors (ATEX). Our largest markets are the UK, Europe, and US, but we also have businesses in India and Ireland.
Reporting to the DPU Team Leader as part of the assembly team, you will be responsible for electrical panel and panel wiring for all products in the company catalogue ranging from general light fittings to control & distribution panels supplied to various customers in the defence industry.
Your duties will include but not be limited to the following.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / EXPERIENCE
- Wiring and assembly of components for light fittings up to control cabinets and panels
- Crimping, routing and cable terminating work on control panels
- Reading and interpreting mechanical drawings and schematic wiring accordingly
- Mechanical assembly
- Electrical assembly
- Use of hand tools
- Experience with point-to-point wiring
- Cable end termination experience (Crimping/soldering)
- Ability to understand and manufacture to GA and schematic drawings
- Control panel wiring experience
- Cable routing
- Experience of electrical assembling and wiring of control panels
- Ability to act as a stand-alone operator on any given project
- Manufacturing to IPC Class 3 standard
- Prototype and development wiring experience
- Basic testing experience
- Ability to down train to lower skilled colleagues in a “buddy system” set up.
- Competitive salary + Overtime (when required)
- Company Pension
HOURS OF WORK:
- Monday – Thursday 07:30 – 16:00
- Friday – 07:30 – 12:30
- 25 Days holiday; a combination of floating days and compulsory factory shutdown over Christmas period.
- All bank holidays
Important: Due to the security requirements of the business you must be a British Citizen and not hold a dual nationality. This means that you cannot be a Citizen or hold a passport to another country. If you have previously held or were entitled to hold a passport from another country, you would be required to relinquish that Citizenship and provide evidence of this.