Recruiting now for an experienced Pipework QS/Estimator on a permanent basis covering sites across the North of England, predominantly the M62 corridor.
The role supports our four branches in Brighouse, Sheffield, Leigh and Hull.
Some key tasks as a Pipework QS & Estimator – Installation Team would include:
- Costing projects and providing quotations and drawings meeting Company standards.
- Visiting sites to survey, plan, price, prepare picklists and quote jobs and projects.
- Designing compressed air pipework systems to meet specified requirements.
- Setting Installation teams off at commencement of projects, executing handover of projects and overseeing and supervising onsite works as required.
- Assisting Installation Team & Projects Manager with coordination/prioritisation of pipefitting jobs and workloads.
- Assisting Installation Team & Projects Manager with the implementation of new processes and procedures
- Assisting the Installation Team & Projects Manager with Company budget strategy, to ensure projects completed on time and within budget.
- Liaising with branch teams as required.
- RAMS and method statement preparation as required.
- Assisting the Installation Team & Projects Manager in ensuring excellent quality and customer service of the pipefitting teams.
- Assisting with the training and development of the pipefitting teams.
- Overseeing and managing sub-contractors when on site.
- Work within guidelines of the company quality and H&S systems.
- Working and co-ordinating with various departments to ensure projects are planned in and kept on schedule.
- Initial referral point for ongoing/quoted works for onsite team, customers and subcontractors.
- Preparing required documents for clients and customers.
- Visiting sites to check potential and ongoing projects.
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent project co-ordination skills.
- Knowledge of CAD drawings
- Good negotiating skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Team working skills
- Good organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively individually or part of a busy team and work under pressure
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Good mathematical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets
Working hours: 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday Salary and benefits information will be available upon interview
In this job you will not only demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills but also the ability to utilise your estimating, project co-ordination and IT skills as well as your supervisory skills to ensure the position of Pipework QS & Estimator is completed effectively. If you feel you have the right skills for this position, please apply today.
Job Type: Full-time