Main purpose of job:
To ensure the machines (Amada and Bystronic Press Brakes) are kept running, producing high quality and accurate parts with an acceptable level of efficiency.
Main tasks of job:
- To keep the machines running at 80% efficiency and above.
- To carry out general maintenance of the equipment as per training and manufacturers guidelines.
- Check parts produced are of a high quality and accurate to requests.
- Assist other operators to ensure all machines are running efficiently.
- Behaving in a manner which meets the company’s policies and guidelines for health and safety requirements as set out in the employment contract and health and safety handbook.
- Report any faults immediately and complete machine safety checks frequently.
- Monitor machine consumables and inform the production manager when more parts are required.
- Maintain a clean and organised working area.
- Undertake training as required
- Work collaboratively with the office and workshop teams
This list is not exhaustive and you may be expected to perform other tasks during peak times.
The ideal candidate will have experience in operating CNC equipment. They will have a hands-on attitude and a certain level of technical ability to safely work with large industrial equipment. A forklift truck license will be advantageous.
Key Performance Indicators:
The candidate will be monitored on the following KPIs:
- Speed and ability of processing orders with minimal disruptions.
- Successful maintenance of the equipment.
- Success to failure ratio of producing accurate, high quality parts
- Feedback from managers on collaborative working
- Feedback from manager on use of initiative
- Feedback from managers on time management
- Completion of relevant documents
- Effective management of “waste” materials
40 Hours / Week; Permanent; Paid Monthly.
28 Days Holiday per year including bank holidays (+ Bonus Holidays).
Start and end times can be adjusted if required:
Mon-Thu: 08:00 – 17:00
Fri: 08:00 – 14:30
The general rate for this position is currently £12.50 per hour. Increases to salary are not on a time served basis, performance will be frequently reviewed. Increases to the salary will occur on continual good performance results shown in the KPIs and the ability to go above and beyond the written job specification.
- 1 day extra holiday entitlement per year for every year of employment (Up to 8 years)
- Overtime at x1.5
- £50 Online shopping vouchers issued for each month production targets are achieved.
- Ensuring they are capable to carry out their role and identifying relevant learning and development needs.
- Carrying out their work to the agreed standard, in accordance with relevant external regulations and internal documentation and ensuring that customer requirements are met.
- Carrying out all specified quality checks and completion of relevant records (electronic and paper).
- Identifying any purchase requirements.
- Communication with the customer if required.
- Reporting problems to managers such as those related to our products and services, supplier problems, infrastructure problems, customer dissatisfaction.
- Completion of all relevant paperwork for quality control
To apply, please email your CV to [email protected]