Job Title: Pricing Analyst
Location: Hayley Group HQ, Shelah Road, Halesowen, B63 3XL
Working Hours: 40 hours Monday – Friday, plus 1:4 Saturday mornings. Additional working hours may be required during busy periods.
The Pricing Analyst will be responsible for gathering, managing and analysing data related to the pricing function. This individual will use data to develop and implement new strategies and reporting analytics. They will also make recommendations to the relevant business managers, so they can make informed decisions that positively impact the organisation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the relevant business managers on the price change process, including implementation and associated analytics/scorecards.
- Develop and manage price change scorecards to measure the impact of price changes.
- Weigh internal company variables (goals, strategies, targets, etc.) in order to impact pricing effectively.
- Utilise advanced analytics to identify opportunities to optimise sales and profitability through pricing strategies.
- Work with appropriate business managers to ensure that product hierarchy/structures complete the business aims of margin improvement.
- Serve as a liaison amongst internal customers and suppliers.
- Communicate recommendations to business managers in order to leverage opportunities for improvement.
- Collect, store, reconcile and monitor vendor pricing and maintain documentation.
- Support price support administration.
- Communicate appropriate information to the business prior to and following announced price changes.
- Support buyers to ensure accuracy of the expected vendor cost field.
- Participate in the supplier validation of monthly rebate requests; research all price support discrepancies with suppliers and DC staff on a monthly basis.
- Perform market/price analytics in order to make informed recommendations to the pricing team.
- Conduct margin growth analysis and identify negative margins.
- Develop, implement and manage price changes; monitor and manage updates of system pricing.
- Communicate all related details to internal and external customers, including system updates and follow up if discrepancies are found.
- Meet or exceed both internal and external customer requirements utilising customer service concepts and techniques.
- Anticipate customers’ needs and proactively seek to meet them; respond to unexpected customer requests with sense of urgency and positive action.
- Understand overall impact and cost of errors, omissions and oversights; focus on continuous improvement.
Skills & Requirements
- Degree in a related field or relative work experience is required.
- Experience in a business-to-business account support and distribution role would be advantageous.
- A general understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to pricing is required.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, in addition to other Microsoft Office software and Internet Explorer; requires ability to learn internal database and software systems.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency in solving problems and getting work done.
- Ensures time, resources and actions are focused on priorities that contribute to meeting business goals and objectives.
- Seeks out advice, help and information when needed to accomplish responsibilities.
- Demonstrates positive customer-service focus.
- Seeks opportunities to impress customers whenever possible.
- Demonstrates sincere concern and empathy towards customer complaints and queries.
- Possesses effective communication and teamwork skills; has the ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of individuals in a constructive and collaborative manner; adapts interaction style to situations and people.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective business relationships with vendors, management and co-workers.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects or activities with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail, while making effective judgments as to prioritisation and time allocation.
- Action oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to effectively prioritise and manage day-to-day tasks in an efficient manner, as well as making progress on project work.
- Completes work according to assigned priorities, recognising changing demands and priority, validating changes with management.
- Processes large quantities of detailed information with high levels of accuracy.
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality; implements a variety of cross-checking approaches and mechanisms.
To apply for this position, please email a covering letter with your CV to [email protected]