MTM Products are a leading manufacturer of bespoke industrial graphics products, including plastic labels, metal nameplates and graphic overlays. We have been established within the Chesterfield area for over 40 years and offer customer driven solutions to customers in the UK and Mainland Europe. We pride ourselves on our quality of service, integrity, and expertise, and providing added value solutions to large and small original equipment manufacturing businesses alike
To help fulfil their growth plans, the new position of Departmental Production Manager of our metal nameplate and engraving department has been created.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Managing Director.
The suitable candidate will hold an engineering qualification at Degree / HNC level and demonstrate a strong commitment to excellent customer service. They will be responsible for production engineering, production planning, quality control, people management and leadership and effective coordination with other departments.
Responsible for: -
- Leading and motivating the team to implement the plan to meet acknowledged / promised delivery dates and to achieve a level of quality that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Driving continuous improvement in efficiency / productivity and furthering the introduction of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Training & Development of all employees in the unit.
- All processes involved in the manufacture of metal nameplates and engraved products to ensure “smooth running” of the unit.
- Regular maintenance of equipment.
- Maintaining a safe working environment.
- Optimising the use of the resources available.
- Ensuring that employees are trained to a level of competency, so as to ensure consistently high levels of quality, and that competence is agreed between the trainer and the trainee, recorded and independently verified.
- To ensure that wherever possible a minimum of three people are trained and competent to carry out all production processes and to enable flexible working.
- Purchasing of production materials and consumables in accordance with Purchasing / Approved Suppliers policies.
- Carrying out appraisals and ensuring employees have the opportunity to develop to their full potential to met the needs of the business.
- Managing the implementation of the plan to ensure “on time in full” despatch of orders.
- Optimise flow of work through the factory, particularly potential “bottlekneck processes.
- To ensure that products undergo the defined or appropriate level of process and final inspection to ensure the quality of products despatched comply with the specification / drawing and any other stated requirements.
- To minimise waste of time and material within the department.
- To seek ways of improving the efficiency of production processes including the introduction of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Maintaining a safe and tidy working environment.
- Ensuring that all employees maintain safety standards, particularly those under training, those recently verified and young people (under 18).
- To ensure that Company Policies and Procedures (Health & Safety, Quality, Environmental etc.) are communicated to employees and adhered to.
- To ensure that Standard Operating Procedures for all processes reflect current practice, are readily available in the work area, and that employees follow them.
- To investigate incidences of product non-conformance and recommend / implement actions to prevent recurrence.(Completed “Suggestion for improvement” forms to be submitted to the Deputy MD)
- Maintaining a wall chart showing holidays booked and ensuring holidays are not allowed to be booked where this would this would result in inadequate cover and jeopordise the needs of the business.
- To advise the Sales Office Manager at the ealiest opportunity if jobs are delayed and will not be despatched on time.
- To advise the MD of any problems encountered, or limitations in production that may have an adverse effect on capacity or delivery dates (e.g. remakes & reworks, material shortages, machine breakdowns, holidays & absenteeism)
- To advise the MD of any significant differences between time allowed for an operation and time taken, together with an explanation if available.
- To report to the MD against Key Performance Indicators.
- Participation in Management Review Meetings.
Any other reasonable request made by the MD.
Please send your CV to [email protected]