PRODUCTION MANAGER (ELECTRICALLY BIASED)
*British Citizenship Required/No Dual Nationalities – see Caveat below*
McGeoch Technology Ltd. Have an exciting opportunity for the position of Assembly Production Manager. The successful applicant will be based at our production, assembly and test facility in Birmingham City Centre, where we design, manufacture, and repair a range of products and services for defence and industrial markets including ATEX Lighting, Electrical Distribution, Instrumentation and Control solutions.
Our reputation for integrity is built on compliance with laws and regulations, ethical conduct, and respect for each other, wherever we operate. We are committed to maintaining high standards and are an equal opportunities employer.
Our businesses serve a wide range of industries, including Aviation, Space, Defence, Rail, Medical, Scientific and Oil & Gas Sectors (ATEX). Our largest markets are the UK, Europe, and US, but we also have businesses in India and Ireland.
Reporting to the Director of Operations you will lead the electrical assembly team, as an Assembly Production Manager you'll oversee the production process, coordinating all production activities and operations. You will monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed. monitor productivity rates and product standards and implement quality control programmes.
Your responsibilities include performing a variety of testing including.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / EXPERIENCE
- Meeting business OTIF requirements >90% to the customer
- Total ownership and accountability of assembly area
- Drive Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Performance within the area
- Responsible for delivering business Quality requirements and deliverables
- Review worker performance and identify training needs
- Proactively lead 5s and continuous activities within the department
- Proactively lead and monitor the businesses H&S requirements
- Lead change within the department
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Relevant electrical experience / qualification
- Hands on leadership style
- Change Management experience
- 5+ years’ experience within defence / aerospace sector
- CI experience with evidence of delivered improvements
- Experience of working in high pressure environment
- Experience of working in a high regulatory environment
- Demonstrated experience of leading a cross functional team Operations, Quality, Engineering etc
- BC14 / Navision experience
- Qualification in leadership / or equivalent years of hands-on experience
- Experience of manufacturing communications cabinets
This is an excellent opportunity for a Production Manager to develop their career in. In return for your experience, this company will offer you:
HOURS OF WORK
Monday – Thursday 07:30-16:00
Friday – 07:30 -12:30
25 Days holiday per year plus all Bank Holidays.
Important: Due to the security requirements of the business you must be a British Citizen and not hold a dual nationality. This means that you cannot be a Citizen or hold a passport to another country. If you have previously held or were entitled to hold a passport from another country, you would be required to relinquish that Citizenship and provide evidence of this.