Rutland Plastics is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Quality Manager. Rutland Plastics is one of the UK's leading Injection moulding companies having recently been named 'Processor of the Year'.
The successful candidate will be a natural communicator, be able to quickly understand our customers’ needs, and able to translate that into a right-first-time mindset throughout our operations. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to lead a highly knowledgeable team of 10 direct reports and make a visible impact across the company.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Undertake site visits and develop a culture of open communication with customers.
- Manage a team of 10 staff, undertaking a range of Quality-related duties.
- Implement robust quality assurance programs on a product-by-product basis.
- Ensure that non-conformances are satisfactorily addressed at root-cause.
- Conduct end-to-end reviews of our process to identify and mitigate potential escapes.
- Create work-flow instructions to minimise errors contributed by human factors.
- Provide on-going training and support in order to improve the skills of our workforce.
The ideal candidate will have :
- Min 10 years experience of working in a Quality-driven manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable experience of modern Quality Management systems (AQL, Six-Sigma).
- A proactive attitude to communication to resolve issues and identify solutions.
- Be a role model for Rutland Plastics Values and associated Behaviours.
- Promote a culture of open communications to achieve continuous improvement.
The essential skills required of this role are:
- Excellent organisational and supervisory skills.
- Able to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving.
- Positive outgoing personality, able to motivate and lead others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to make tough decisions under pressure.
In return we are offering a very competitive package depending on skills and experience, annual performance bonus, 32 days holidays (to include Christmas shutdown and bank holidays), *private health insurance, *death in service insurance, PPE and on-site parking.
Please apply through the link to Indeed, FAO Dem Roulston. Include a covering letter summarising your experience and personal qualities, along with your CV.
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Profit sharing
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
Rutland Plastics follows all COVID guidelines as set out by our industry body The British Plastics Federation.