** £2,000 Signing On Bonus Available **
Main purpose of job:
To complete Mild Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminium welding tasks as required to client specifications. To supervise and plan all welding and fabrication works as delegated by the Production Manager and to ensure that all fabrication equipment is maintained.
- a) Responsible to: Production Manager
- b) Responsible for: Self, Apprentices, Fabricators
- c) Liaison with: Production Manager, Operations Manager, CAD/CAM Technicians, Quality Assurance Director, General Assistants, Machine Operators
Main tasks of job
- To complete fabrications as per drawings provided.
- To complete any welding or metal work tasks set by management.
- To carry out general maintenance of the equipment as per training and manufacturers guidelines.
- Check parts produced are of a high quality and accurate to requests.
- Behaving in a manner which meets the company’s policies and guidelines for health and safety requirements as set out in the employment contract and health and safety handbook.
- Report any faults immediately and complete machine safety checks frequently.
- Monitor machine consumables and inform the operations manager when more parts are required.
- Supervise apprentice employees working in the fabrication workshop
- Provide feedback to CAD Technicians relating to customer requirements and fabrication and welding tasks and timings
- Plan workload in fabrication workshop according to priority lists and HelixONE checks and actions
- Ensure all welding and fabrication operations are carried out in a manner meeting the requirements of ISO9001:2015 quality standards and company and customer expectations and specifications
- Maintain a clean and organised working area.
- Undertake training as required
- Work collaboratively with the office and workshop teams
This list is not exhaustive and you may be expected to perform other tasks during peak times.
The ideal candidate will have experience in TIG and MIG welding. They must be competent in managing their own projects from start to finish. They will have a hands-on attitude and a certain level of technical ability to safely work with industrial equipment. Accuracy is key and the candidate must be thorough and have a keen eye for details.
Key Performance Indicators:
The candidate will be monitored on the following KPIs:
- Speed and ability of processing orders with minimal disruptions.
- Successful maintenance of the equipment.
- Success to failure ratio of producing accurate, high quality assemblies.
- Feedback from managers on collaborative working
- Feedback from managers on use of initiative
- Feedback from managers on time management
The general starting rate for this position is currently £14 per hour. Increases to salary are not on a time served basis, performance will be frequently reviewed. Increases to the salary will occur on continual good performance results shown in the KPIs and the ability to go above and beyond the written job specification.
- 1 day extra holiday entitlement per year for every year of employment (Up to 8 years)
- Overtime at x1.5
- £50 Online shopping vouchers issued for each month production targets are achieved.
40 Hours / Week; Permanent; Paid Monthly.
28 Days Holiday per year including bank holidays (+ Bonus Holidays).
Mon-Thu: 08:00 – 17:00
Fri: 08:00 – 14:30
- Ensuring they are capable to carry out their role and identifying relevant learning and development needs.
- Carrying out their work to the agreed standard, in accordance with relevant external regulations and internal documentation and ensuring that customer requirements are met.
- Carrying out all specified quality checks and completion of relevant records (electronic and paper).
- Identifying any purchase requirements.
- Communication with the customer as required.
- Reporting problems to managers such as those related to our products and services, supplier problems, infrastructure problems, customer dissatisfaction.
- Completion of applicable quality check paperwork
- Achieve annual sales targets
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Maintain ISO9001 certification
- Implement Industry 4.0 techniques
- Demonstrate continual improvement
To apply, email [email protected] with your CV.