*British Citizenship Required/No Dual Nationalities*
McGeoch Technology Ltd. Have an exciting opportunity for the position of Sales Account Manager. The successful applicant will be office based at our production, assembly and test facility in Birmingham City Centre, where we design, manufacture, and repair a range of products and services for defence and industrial markets including ATEX Lighting, Electrical Distribution, Instrumentation and Control solutions.
Our reputation for integrity is built on compliance with laws and regulations, ethical conduct, and respect for each other, wherever we operate. We are committed to maintaining high standards and are an equal opportunities employer.
Our businesses serve a wide range of industries, including Aviation, Space, Defence, Rail, Medical, Scientific and Oil & Gas Sectors (ATEX). Our largest markets are the UK, Europe, and US, but we also have businesses in India and Ireland.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager as part of the Sales team, you will communicate with customers to recommend products and services and to drive sales within the business. Duties would include promoting and explaining the features and benefits of McGeoch products and services to customers, helping them to identify solutions to meet their needs and to provide a fully professional after-sales service.
Your duties will include but not be limited to the following.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / EXPERIENCE
- Responding to customer enquiries via various methods and submitting quotations within a timely fashion.
- Contacting and maintaining existing and new customers to explain the advantages of buying McGeoch’s products or services.
- Communicating with customers before and after a sale, establishing productive and professional relationships.
- Processing sales transactions and operating the Business Central (BC14) manufacturing system.
- Resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Handling customer returns, price changes and discounts.
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the company’s products or services to advise and make suitable recommendations to customers.
- Being aware of industry trends and the various relevant projects within industry.
- Developing and implementing strategic sales plans that expands McGeoch’s customer base and to solidify its presence in the defence and similar markets.
- Building and promoting healthy, long-lasting customer relations by partnering with them.
- Providing weekly reports to the Commercial Manager regarding costs, sales, customer visit opportunities and communicating the Voice of the Customer (VOC) data to management.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / EXPERIENCE
- Manage product/service mix, pricing, and margins according to agreed aims.
- Carry out market research, competitor, and customer surveys.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Minimum of five years’ experience gained in a sales environment
- Thorough knowledge of sales and marketing activities and processes
- Able to communicate through written media
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Achieve genuine sales development
- Innovative mind with the ability to determine opportunities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- Able to develop good working relationships
- Degree in a Sales Discipline
- Sound technical backgrounds in understanding products
- Able to assess situations and make decisions
- Competitive Salary
HOURS OF WORK:
- Monday – Thursday 07:30 – 16:00
- Friday – 07:30 – 12:30
- 25 Days holiday; a combination of floating days and compulsory factory shutdown over Christmas period.
- All bank holidays
Important: Due to the security requirements of the business you must be a British Citizen and not hold a dual nationality. This means that you cannot be a Citizen or hold a passport to another country. If you have previously held or were entitled to hold a passport from another country, you would be required to relinquish that Citizenship and provide evidence of this.