- Summary of the Role
- To prepare technical quotations and proposals to required deadlines and quality standards. To provide a high standard of technical support to the sales team in the preparation of quotations and specifications for drive, automation and control systems.
- Reporting to the Sales Application Manager.
- Job Responsibilities
- To ensure that the sales team are supported by completing and assisting with the preparation of quotations, costings, technical specifications and supporting literature.
- Provide high-quality documentation to customers using appropriate software tools.
- Provide a high-quality service to customers, maintain the company’s reputation as a leading-edge systems integrator.
- Maintain and develop iconsys’ reputation as a leading systems integrator.
Responsibilities of the Sales Application Engineer:
- Preparation of quotations and proposals, including estimating resources and equipment required, using engineering software and tools as required.
- Preparation of system topologies and technical material to support proposals.
- To act as an interface between sales and engineering teams and to provide a high standard of technical support to the sales team.
- Attend customer sites as and when required.
- To comply with all Company procedures as defined in various documents including the Quality Manual, Staff Manual and Health & Safety Manual.
- Adhere to all relevant standards and work to the Company’s ISO9001:2015 registered quality procedures.
- Be pro-active in supporting other company activities such as supporting fellow engineers, assisting with sales and site support.
- To build, develop and maintain good relationships with customers, suppliers and company staff.
- Attend customer survey, tender and project review meetings when required.
- Work outside normal hours to meet required deadlines.
- Travel within the UK and overseas.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Preferably qualified to degree level in electrical/electronic or mechatronic engineering.
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Knowledge of systems integration concepts and technologies.
- Appreciation of core commercial concepts and common industry drivers.
- Experience using MS Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Visio.
Preferred Technical Experience:
Knowledge and experience of some of the following:
- AC, DC & Servo VSDs
- SCADA / HMI
- MES / MIS Networks
- Industry 4.0
- Fieldbus Protocols
- Safety Systems
- Personal Qualities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written.
- Confident and pro-active with an organised approach to work.
- Ability to work off own initiative, as well as being a team player.
- Situational adaptability.
- Good problem solver.
- Hands on attitude.
Enthusiastic and able to be relied upon