Location: Scarborough, North Yorkshire
Position: Senior Mechanical Fitter
Key skills required for the Senior Mechanical Fitter vacancy:
- Supporting the Production Manager regarding the allocation of jobs, checking quality of machine build, overseeing mechanical and electrical employees, providing technical support (mostly mechanical) on projects where required.
- To work from mechanical engineering drawings/schematics and Pneumatic diagrams to assemble parts/machine as required.
- Previous experience with high precision Special Purpose Machine assembly
- Experience fitting linear slides, gearboxes and servo motors.
- Experience of working with/fitting Pneumatic systems onto special purpose machinery projects.
- Working to health and safety standards and to ensure team/contractors are complying with H&S/Covid-19 guidelines.
- Must be committed to developing and enhancing the products we provide
- Relevant mechanical engineering qualifications HND/HNC/apprenticeship or industry experience.
- Be tenacious and be able to demonstrate out of box thinking ability to find solutions.
- Able to lead and work in a team environment.
- To be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must have attention to detail and a can do attitude.
- Experience working in a similar environment: Automated machinery, SPM, packaging systems, vision inspection machinery, robotic systems, pick & place robots, warehouse automation machinery, bagging machinery, end of line systems.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK free from sponsorship/visa.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing why you’re suited to role to [email protected].
Strictly no agencies.