Role description and responsibilities:
Filtermist is a Telford based company that supports our customers by providing them and their employees with clean air solutions, which is at the heart of our brand. We need someone to join our growing Oil Mist Service team to Service, repair and re-Install Filtermist, Absolent and other similar oil mist extraction systems. The successful candidate should be ideally located in the North of England. The role will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Service and repair units already in the field, centrifugal filters, media filters and electrostatic filters.
- Installation and reinstallation of extraction units to the standards set by the company.
- Carry out risk assessment before commencement of work.
- To ensure that all demonstration, training, and monitoring activities, as required by the Company are carried out and recorded.
- All documentation to be completed and returned to the appropriate department within agreed timescales.
- Maintaining stocks of standard parts and spare parts on the service/installation vehicles.
- Ensuring all tools and equipment used are maintained in good working order.
Health & Safety
- To observe and practice all Health & Safety Regulations issued by the company, and those of the companies in which you work.
- To observe environmental issues regarding bagging and labelling of waste materials.
- To represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- To ensure that installation vehicles are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy condition and comply with the “Company Vehicle Standards” as published.
- Feedback to the company on technical changes required, sales opportunities and competitor information.
- To participate in meetings as arranged by the company.
- To participate in any training courses, internally or externally, set up by the company and apply that training into your daily routines.
- Work with team colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
- Growth, individual growth, and development.
Services further than normal from the engineer’s base may occasionally require overnight stays to optimise working time. This may be for multiple services at one location or services at separate locations in a specific area. Such requirements may require overnight stays on a regular basis.
Weekend work when required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Not everyone can be a Service Engineer, so to be seriously considered for this role, please have the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role preferable.
- Experience of hand and power tools.
- P601 and/or P602 LEV Accreditation(s) would be an advantage.
- Ability to work consistently and to high standards at all times.
- Must be able to self-motivate and use own initiative.
- Work as an individual and within a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels in this customer facing role.
- Basic knowledge of electrics, 3 Phase would be advantageous.
- Harness & Lanyard.
- Working at Heights.
- Lone Working.
- Face Fit Seal Testing.
- IPAF Licence.
- Pasma certificate.
- Confined space training.
Salary and benefits package:
Salary TBC – dependent on Experience
Extensive internal training program
Fully expensed company vehicle
Mobile phone and tablet