Working at Pegler
Pegler is well known and respected as one of the leading manufacturers of advanced plumbing, heating and engineering products in the world. It's a reputation earned through a total dedication to quality, innovation and customer service that's been the hallmark of the company since it was established in the 1890’s (originally trading as Pegler Ltd and Yorkshire Fittings Ltd). Pegler is part of the Integrated Piping Systems Division of Aalberts N.V. (www.pegleryorkshire.co.uk)
Aalberts engineers mission-critical technologies for ground-breaking industries and everyday life. We are where technology matters and real progress can be made. Humanly, environmentally and financially. With over 16,000 employees, Aalberts operates some 70 business locations and 80 service locations with activities in over 50 countries. Our organisational structure of four business segments is covered by some 15 business teams. (www.aalberts.com)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Setter/Operator to join our Stamping Shop based at our Doncaster site, reporting into the Head of Primaries. The role will be working Continental Shifts on a 2 days/2 nights/4 off pattern.
The purpose of the role is to set up and keep machines working in the stamping area, operating all parts of the process whilst working under your own initiative to solve problems.
The full job description is available to download in the top right corner of this page.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out machine setup and tooling changeover to produce a wide variety of brass components on CNC controlled hot brass forging presses and associated equipment
- Carry out first off product quality checks, post machine setup
- Operate hot brass forging equipment and maintain effective, efficient running of equipment
- Carry out simple problem solving and action appropriate solutions on hot brass forging and associated equipment
- Carry out production run product quality checks at required intervals
- Identify any resource issues i.e. material shortages, machine availability
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- A background in working as a machine setter/operator in a production environment
- An understanding of machine tooling and engineering drawings
- Basic computer literacy
- Sound knowledge and understanding on the setting up and operating heavy automated industrial machinery
- Previous background of hot brass forging would be an advantage
- Previously carried out quality inspections using precision measuring equipment
- Previously carried out basic PPM duties i.e. oiling and greasing equipment
- Basic level of education i.e. GCSEs
- Distinct advantage if you have NVQ2 or NVQ3 in engineering