£30,000 - £49,900
The outstanding reputation of Gardner Aerospace has been established through our team of talented and dedicated employees.
We participate in various recruitment programmes, benefits schemes, wellbeing exercises and employee engagement initiatives.
Shift Pattern - Negotiable
-Free off rpad Parking
-Employee Assisitane Programme
-Employee Referral Programme
-Free hot drinks
- Setting up to operate fabricating machines including brake press, guillotine and band saws to cut, bend and straighten metal as required.
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on materials/ panels according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares and rulers.
- Inspect individual parts, assemblies and installations for conformance to specifications, quality standards, using measuring instruments.
- Shape metal materials using both hand and others tools including: Stretch Forming; Rubber Press; Brake Press; Pipe Bending primarily working with aluminium.
Skill set requirements
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, preferably within the aerospace or similar manufacturing industry
- You must be competent at general Sheet Metal duties including; deburring, drilling, countersinking and forming.
- Having previously worked in precision engineering/manufacturing is essential for this position
- Primarily be working with aluminum.
- Adhere and follow ISO9001 procedures
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver parts on time
- Problem analysis and decision making
- Knowledge and proven experience of fabrication techniques
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques and other modern manufacturing methods