Full Job Description
Due to the growth of our customer base an opportunity has arisen for an skilled CNC Miller programmer, setter, operator to join our award winning heritage engineering company Tybro established in 1914 based in Kirkby in Ashfield Notts just off junction 28 of the M1 specialising in Machining, Fabrication and Assembly manufacturing cutting edge parts for exciting industries such as Energy, Medical, Ministry of Defence, Rail, Aerospace Transport and Oil Exploration.
The right person should be able to competently programme, set and operate CNC Milling machines for production and have previous experience working within a high precision manufacturing machine shop environment.
The Candidate must:
- Have solid experience in programming CNC Milling machines.
- Have previous Operating/Setting and machining experience large sized components with Heidenhain controls
- Be fully conversant with reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Be competent in producing high quality components.
- Be able to use engineering measuring equipment such as micrometers, verniers etc
- Have strong communication and time management skills.
- Be able to work under own initiative.
- Be a team player.
The ideal candidate
- Can Program, Set and Operate using Heidenhain control systems
- Has the ability to write and edit programs
- Can work towards tight tolerances
- Has experience with medium/large volume batch work of large components
- Confident in working on parts up to 2m in length, using lifting equipment provided.
- Must have served an apprenticeship in CNC machining and be able to produce your papers or demonstrate 10 years working experience within your work history.
- Excellent working knowledge of 3-4 axis CNC machines, cutting speeds and feeds, geometric tolerances
- ISO 9001-2015 experience would be beneficial.
Day to day duties
- Machining complex parts and components from various general engineering materials such as Aluminium, Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel, Inconel, and Titanium variety of materials
- Reading engineering drawings
- Changing tooling
- Inspecting components
- Use measuring equipment such as micrometres, plug gauges, verniers, screw plugs and ring gauges
- Working as part of a team
In return we can offer you
- Free parking
- Company pension (if eligible)
- An opportunity to earn extra money over and above your basic 39 hours with overtime opportunities first 16 hours overtime paid at time and a half and over 16 hours double time.
- Canteen with pool table
- 15% Castle Rock brewery’s online shop (18+)
- Use of Tybro’s Nottingham Forest season tickets
- Free uniform provided
- Allowance towards PPE equipment.
- 39 hours basic working week
- 20 days holidays and statutory bank holidays.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000 – £40,000 dependant on skill, experience and number of overtime hours worked.