We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated, full-time Stores Assistant to join the team in our Fluid Power division, based in Halesowen at our Hayley Fluid Power centre.
Job Title: Stores Assistant
Location: Hayley Fluid Power, Forge Trading Estate, 13 & 14 Mucklow Hill, Halesowen, B62 8TP
Working Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday, plus 1:4 Saturday mornings. Additional working hours may be required during busy periods
Purpose: To assist in the warehouse facility with the issue and receipt of goods and services.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet department goals, ensuring safety and security of all assets held in the facility.
- Help to ensure that the Company’s Health and Safety at Work policy is adhered to.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Prepare orders by processing requests.
- Packing boxes and placing orders in the delivery area.
- Check incoming products against delivery notes.
- Ensure safe use of all the stores’ lifting and moving aids (including, where appropriate, Counter Balance Fork Lift Trucks), as well as using Personal Protective Equipment where necessary.
- Provide information on stock availability (perpetual and random inventory).
- Actively participate in the response to emergency situations whenever they arise.
- Undertake other similar duties that may be assigned to you.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
The successful applicant will ensure that they:
- Take care of their own safety and that of others.
- Ensure that products, plant, equipment, vehicles and buildings are not damaged.
- Comply with health and safety procedures and instructions.
- Wear PPE issued to them – use and maintain it in good condition.
- Will not neglect, misuse or damage anything provided in the interest of health and safety.
- Assist by reporting to their Line Manager any hazard, accident, damage or defect in order that remedial action may be taken.
- Do not use equipment, plant or machinery which they are not authorised to use/trained in.
- Undergo any training or instruction to enable them to work competently and safely.
Skills & Requirements
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Driving licence is essential
- Fork Lift licence is desirable
- Previous warehouse experience preferable, however not essential
- Good teamwork, coordination and organisation skills
- Reporting skills and inventory control
- Dependable and good with time-keeping
- Good manual handling technique and dexterity
- Be able to identify and pick products accurately
To apply for this position, please email a covering letter with your CV to [email protected]