Graduate and experienced candidates all welcome to apply!
As a Test Automation Engineer, you will be working within our Software Development team, responsible for developing and maintaining automated tests and the overall testing infrastructure for LK Metrology software products.
Your duties will include:
- Working in a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, verifying that developments correspond to specifications at all stages in the development lifecycle
- Maintaining the automated testing environment, including the CI/CD orchestration tools and the automation test suite
- Designing and writing automation test scripts, including systems integration, regression, and performance tests
- Keeping up to date on the latest testing technologies and spearheading their implementation where appropriate
- Looking at developments, identifying the areas at risk and providing sufficient testing to cover them
- Filing, documenting, and following up product quality issues in the issue tracking system
- Occasionally assisting the other members of the testing team with manual software tests
Our Software Team spend their time working both at home and in our offices based in Castle Donington. Whilst you will be able to work from home on a regular basis, you will need to attend and work from the office where workload requires.
Working for LK Metrology:
At LK, we look to employ people who will do their best to put the needs of the company first when they are at work, treating our company as though it is their own. With every employee sharing this mindset, we will succeed and we can then share our success with our employees. With this in mind, whilst your skills, knowledge and experience are all important, we believe that your personality and attitude are just as important.
In return for your hard work, we will always try our best to offer you a flexible, fun and enjoyable working environment. We will also offer you:
- 6% company pension contribution
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + opportunity to purchase additional 5 days each year + additional service days
- Flexible start and finish times and ability to work from home
- Employee discounts across most major retailers including retail, leisure and hospitality
- Summer and Christmas social events
Our ideal applicant for the position of Test Automation Engineer will be able to demonstrate the following as part of their application and interview process:
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering, or you will be qualified by experience
- Strong experience using/maintaining CI/CD orchestration tools, preferably Jenkins
- Strong experience with automation test suites, preferably Robot framework or another similar suite for desktop applications
- Knowledge/experience of core programming languages such as Python (essential) C# and/or C++ (desirable)
- Ability to analyse and improve upon current tests/processes
- Ability to troubleshoot server issues with experience using/maintaining VMWare
- Experience with creating detailed and well-structured bug reports using issue tracking software such as Jira
A knowledge of metrology would be advantageous but not essential. If you meet the above criteria, we would really like to hear from you.
Founded in 1963, LK Metrology is globally renowned for our innovative metrology solutions and services, partnering with our customers worldwide across the automotive, aerospace, defence, motorsport, energy and medical industries.
Our products, including coordinate measurement machines (CMM), portable measuring arms and metrology software are used worldwide to control and improve the quality of manufactured components. Our precision technology underpins the process of design, development, production and assembly through to quality assurance for our customers.
We have offices globally, but our Head Office/Factory is based in Castle Donington, Derbyshire, where our highly knowledgeable teams are responsible for the design, development and production of all of our metrology products against strict industry standards. We manufacture all of our products here at Castle Donington, and we are proud to be a British manufacturer!
No unsolicited agency calls please.