A precision manufacturer that continues to grow and invest is looking for a TIG Welder to carry out multiple functions, which include covering customer uplifts and new projects.
- This role consists of welding 90% stainless steel 10% Ferrous material. Material thickness vary between 1.2mm – 3.0mm stainless steel along with thicker and thinner gauges, with particular emphasis placed on 1.2mm – 1.5mm thickness.
- Reading engineering drawings
- Light gauge TIG welding with experience of back purging
- Heavy gauge Fabrication
- Working a variety of projects from start to finish
- Ability to use various tools such as grinders, orbital sanders and saws
- Knowledge of rolling and other forming techniques
- Measuring using vernier calipers and tape measures to tight tolerance
- Ability to check your own work
Some manufacturing and previous TIG welding experience are essential and would be reflected in the rate.
Opportunities to advance are available and additional training will be given as part of the role.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will be self-motivated able to carry out multiple roles, have a high attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly with members of the team.
Must be able to:
- Achieve targeted production based on job running times
- Adhere to all company policies and instructions
Experience in the following would be an advantage
- Read engineering drawings
- Experience in sheet metal/machining processes
- Experience in the TIG welding department
- Ability to read 1st and 3rd angle engineering drawings is a must
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Company pension
- Free parking
- Staff uniform
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Based in Northamptonshire
- Good local services/amenities
- Staff events