Job Title: Trainee Branch Assistant
Location: BML Hayley Newtown, Unit 34, Mochdre Industrial Estate, Newtown, Powys, SY16 4LE
Working Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, plus in 1 in 4 Saturday mornings (Additional working hours may be required)
Purpose: To undertake a multi-tasking general sales office role encompassing the handling of incoming telephone calls, the sourcing, purchasing and transaction of goods. Trade counter work and general administrative duties.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To be actively involved with telephone sales and enquiries, liaising with the Manager and encouraging good customer relations through first class service.
- To actively promote the sale of Hayley products and services by phone, email and in person.
- To source goods and products from approved suppliers, negotiating price and delivery to achieve profitable sales.
- To actively participate in the response to emergency customer requirements whenever they arise.
- To be involved in the warehouse to ensure the efficient issue and receipt of stock.
- To ensure that the companies Health and Safety at Work policy is adhered to in all respects.
- To efficiently handle customer requirements on the busy trade counter
- To accurately select stock against picking notes, packing and preparing product for the daily van delivery runs.
- To develop personal knowledge and skills to progress career within the organisation.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- To undertake other similar or associated duties as may be assigned to you which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
Skills & Requirements
- Technical knowledge and experience within an engineering background in sales would be ideal, however is not essential
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, proficient in IT skills
- Good coordination and organisation
- Good dependability and time management
- Willingness to learn new skills and become involved as part of a team
- Desire to provide excellent customer service
- Good communication skills
- A clean driving licence would be beneficial, however not essential
To apply for this position, please email a covering letter with your CV to [email protected]