Job Title: Welder Fabricator Fitter
Team: Production Team
Reporting to: Shop Floor Manager
Overall Definition of the Job:
Scarborough based Unison Ltd is a highly successful manufacturer of CNC tube bending machines suppling high end machines to a world market in sectors including Aerospace, Automotive and Marine.
Unison is seeking a Welder Fabricator Fitter to join their production team performing various tasks relating to the manufacture of their range of all-electric tube bending machines and ancillary equipment.
This permanent position is based at our manufacturing facility in Scarborough. Hours of work: Monday to Thursday, 07:45- 16:45 with an early finish at 13:00 Friday. Weekend and evening working on an over time basis, dependant on the needs of the organisation.
- Layout, position and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, drawings using straightedge, combination square, callipers, and ruler
- Tack–weld or weld components and assemblies using MIG mainly and on occasion TIG.
- Conduct inspections and quality of product; rectifying any issues if required.
- Cutting of materials and assembly of product as necessary
- Loading and unloading of products and supplies
- Work to fabrication tolerances of +- 2.5mm unless stated
- Adhere to drawing standard BS8888
Qualifications / Experience
- Qualified to City & Guilds or NVQ level 3 / time served with relevant qualifications
- Mechanical Handling / Lifting qualifications would be an advantage
- Coded welding experience would also be an advantage.
- Have the technical background and previous experience of machine manufacture and assembly within related industries.
- Computer literate
- Can offer solutions to manufacturing and design departments
- Should be able to communicate professionally, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to perform in fast-paced environment
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES