We are growing our Maintenance Department at our busy Wellingborough facility and are looking for a number of talented and experienced Maintenance Technicians to support our 2 shift system of rotating earlies and lates, and also our night shift.
Autocraft Machining Solutions’ 7,000sqm facility in Wellingborough is home to the group’s medium to high volume machining capability. AMS specialises in cylinder head & block machining, bed plates, ladder frames, EV motor & transmission casings, and structural BIW components. We have over 50 CNC machine tools, plus CMM and ancillary equipment.
You’ll need a strong CNC machine tool maintenance background, as the majority of your time will be spent on both preventative and reactive maintenance on our wide range of 3-, 4- & 5-axis CNC machining centres. You’ll be very skilled at fault-finding and repairing components, you’ll relish the challenge in this!
Previous experience working with CNC machining centres is therefore essential, and in particular Matsuura, Heller and Grob will be advantageous. You’ll know your way around Siemens and Fanuc CNC controls, and will be committed to safe working within the boundaries of these machine tools.
In addition to the CNC machining centre maintenance, you’ll also be maintaining assembly equipment, and even undertaking general building maintenance, so experience in all forms of maintenance is required.
Remuneration & Hours of Work
The base salary is £40,000 pa and attracts additional 10% premium for late shift working and 30% for night shift.
2 shift system - Monday to Friday: Earlies: 05.45-14:15, lates: 13:45-22:15
Night shift - Sunday to Thursday: 21:45-06:15 (finishes on Friday morning)
Please ensure you state clearly which position you are applying for.
- A completed apprenticeship in Engineering is desirable, preferably NVQ Level 3 or higher in Maintenance Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Proven track record in maintenance of CNC machine tools
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Strong background in planned preventative maintenance systems
- A tidy, organised person committed to continuous improvement
- Busy and fast-paced role to utilise all your skills and knowledge
- Innovative company with on-going training and career progression
- Financially strong and stable company with many new contracts to introduce in 2021 and beyond
- Maintaining equipment to produce machined components for prestigious UK automotive brands