Are you a talented and experienced CNC Machinist / Setter / CNC Engineering Technician? We’re looking for an Engineering Technician with a passion for continuous improvement to join our very busy and growing Engineering department at our Wellingborough facility. You'll have good experience of CNC programming/setting knowledge of 3, 4 & 5-axis CNC machining centres, with Siemens Sinumerik and Fanuc CNC controls. A proficient user of CAD/CAM, your role will be to assist the Engineering and Operations teams to get our new machined components programmed, proved-out and into production!
(Please only apply for this role if you have relevant experience. We are recruiting a number of Operatives, so if you don't meet the requirements here, please take a look at those roles!)
Autocraft Machining Solutions is part of the Autocraft Solutions Group. Our 7,000sqm facility in Wellingborough is home to the group's medium to high volume machining capability. AMS specialises in cylinder head & block machining, bed plates, ladder frames, EV motor & transmission casings, and structural BIW components.
We have 2 positions available, one on our rotating earlies/lates 2 shift system, and one on our Night Shift. Please indicate in your application which shift(s) you wish to be considered for:
2 Shift System: Monday to Friday, 'earlies' (05:45-14:15 = Basic rate £17.00 p/h) and 'lates' (13:45-22:15 + additional 10% late shift premium = £18.70 p/h)
Night Shift: Sunday to Thursday (finishes Friday morning): 21:45-06:15 (£17.00 p/h plus additional 30% premium for night shift working = £22.10 p/h)
Hours: 40 hours per week
(Please ensure you are also able to work all 3 shifts in case of changes to business requirements).
You’ll support the Engineering function in all aspects, assisting with New Product Introduction projects, and with your keen engineering mind you’ll always be on the look-out for process improvements. You’ll work alongside your fellow engineers to:
- Set up new and existing tooling on CNC vertical and horizontal machining centres
- Set up new and existing ancillary equipment
- Load programs into machines
- Prove out programs (new and modified), and produce First Offs
- Assist in development of PFMEA & control plans
- Deliver on customer expectations (PPAP/PSW)
- Assist the Quality team with the CMM measurement of parts
- Develop and maintain process documentation
You’ll be responsible for producing capability studies, and identifying and delivering training to the CNC operators to ensure quality parts are produced every time. A high level of literacy and numeracy is essential as you’ll be communicating at all levels internally, and directly with customers and suppliers.
Attention to our stringent Health and Safety policies is essential, as you’ll be developing Risk Assessments and safe systems of work.
- Talented all-round Engineering Technician with CNC programming/setting knowledge of 3, 4 & 5-axis CNC machining centres, with Siemens Sinumerik and Fanuc CNC controls
- Time-served apprenticeship or relevant experience in a Mechanical Engineering discipline, and NVQ HNC Level 4 or above is desirable
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills and experience gained within a similar position at a similar level
- Excellent analytical, organisational and problem-solving abilities, combined with a hands-on approach, and a ‘can do’ attitude
- A credible and confident communicator (written and verbal)
- Good understanding of the Tier 1 Automotive Quality Procedures
- CAD/CAM knowledge and excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
- Busy and fast-paced role to utilise all your skills and knowledge
- Innovative company with on-going training and career progression
- Financially strong and stable company with many new contracts to introduce in 2021 and beyond
- Producing machined components for prestigious UK automotive brands
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 24 days holiday per year plus 8 statutory
- On-site parking