We are looking to recruit 5 PERMANENT, FULL-TIME experienced CNC Setters to join us as CNC Production Technicians in our growing Operations Team at our Wellingborough facility. There are 3 vacancies on our rotating earlies/lates 2 shift system, and 2 vacancies on our Night-Shift.
We are inviting applications from candidates with substantial experience of operating, setting and some basic programming on 3, 4 and 5-axis CNC machining centres. Please do not apply for these roles if you do not have this essential experience. Please see our other roles for CNC Machine Operators and Production Operatives where full training will be provided.
Autocraft Machining Solutions is part of the Autocraft Solutions Group. Our 7,000sqm facility in Wellingborough is home to the group's medium to high volume machining capability. AMS specialises in cylinder head & block machining, bed plates, ladder frames, EV motor & transmission casings, and structural BIW components.
This is a support function working across a number of CNC machining centres, keeping our machined components production going. You’ll be the first point of call to troubleshoot any issues quickly and efficiently. Working alongside your fellow production technicians, you’ll be:
- ‘First on the scene’ to keep production going on our range of CNC vertical and horizontal machining centres, honing machines and other production equipment
- Undertaking machine resets when needed
- Changing over fixtures and tooling in line with production schedules, and loading programs for our operators
- Checking first-offs after changeovers with our Quality team
- Performing manual toolchanges and monitoring tool libraries
- Undertaking tool pre-setting and loading offsets into our CNC machining centres
- Liaising with shift supervisors and our maintenance team to keep the machines running and maximise production levels
You’ll be assisting the Engineering team in delivering high quality training to the CNC operators to ensure quality parts are produced every time. You’ll also provide input and feedback to the Engineering team through their New Production Introduction (NPI) and process improvement projects. A high level of literacy and numeracy is essential as you’ll be communicating at all levels internally, and also with customers and suppliers.
Salary & Shifts
The starting salary is £14.65p/h (£30,472 p.a.), and attracts additional 10% premium for late shift working (= £16.11 p/h) and 30% for night shift working (= £19.05p/h)
2 shift system - Monday to Friday: Earlies: 05.45-14:15, lates: 13:45-22:15
Night shift - Sunday to Thursday: 21:45-06:15 (finishes on Friday morning)
Please ensure you state clearly which position you are applying for on your application.
- Talented all-round Production Technician with CNC programming/setting knowledge of 3, 4 & 5-axis CNC Machining centres, with Siemens Sinumerik and Fanuc CNC controls is essential
- Time-served apprenticeship or relevant experience in a Mechanical Engineering discipline, and NVQ HNC Level 4 or above is desirable
- Demonstrable Quality experience and/or relevant qualifications
- Excellent analytical, organisational and problem-solving abilities, combined with a hands-on approach, and a ‘can do’ attitude
- A credible and confident communicator (written and verbal)
- Good understanding of the Tier 1 Automotive Quality Procedures
- CAD/CAM knowledge and excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
- 24 days holiday per year plus 8 statutory days
- Growing and financially secure business
- Busy and fast-paced role to utilise all your skills and knowledge
- Innovative company with on-going training and career progression
- Financially strong and stable company with many new contracts to introduce in 2021 and beyond
- Producing machined components for prestigious UK automotive brands
- Free on-site parking and good transport links to the area