Established in 1975, SYSPAL are leaders in the design and manufacture of Stainless Steel and Aluminium equipment for Food Processing & Pharmaceutical. SYSPAL are an exceptionally well resourced and highly regarded British manufacturer with many innovative products specified domestically, and internationally.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our design team producing bespoke machinery for hygiene-conscious industries.
- Designing products from initial concept through to detail design using SolidWorks 3D CAD
- Using existing standardised designs as a basis for configured/derived products
- Using FEA simulation and manual calculations to verify design requirements
- Specifying technical information for purchasing and manufacture
- Producing detail drawings for manufacture using SolidWorks
- Using the company ERP software to generate bills of materials and related documentation for purchasing and manufacture
- HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Qualifications relating to IT and electrical design also an advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience using 3D CAD. Computer literacy must be good generally
- Experience designing sheet-metal and welded structural fabrications
- Experience with electric motor drives. Pneumatic and hydraulic drive knowledge an advantage
- Experience using simulation/calculations for design and development purposes
- Experience designing for hygienic environments an advantage
- Experience working with quality systems and regulatory affairs an advantage
The candidate should be enthusiastic and have an active interest in product design.
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communicator
- Innovative, open minded approach to design
- Highly driven and motivated
- Reliable and committed
- Hands-on approach to work
- Active interest in product design
- UK drivers licence
- 38.75 hour basic week.
- Monday - Thursday 08.00 - 17.00 and Friday 08.00 - 12.45 (with 30 minutes for lunch)
- You will be expected to work additional hours as necessary to complete duties
- Life assurance at x4 basic salary
- Health care plan
- Company pension (auto enrolment)
- Discounted gym membership
- Long service awards