An exciting opportunity has arisen in our busy engineering department at our Grantham facility for a talented and innovative Manufacturing Process Engineer with a minimum 5 years’ experience in an engine assembly environment.
Report to the Engineering Assembly Team Leader, the successful applicant will join a team of experienced engineers delivering low to medium volume assembly systems for new projects as well as providing technical support for the operations and maintenance teams within the existing assembly systems.
You will need to be self-motivated and possess excellent communication skills, and a good sense of urgency, flexibility, versatility and commitment will be qualities you pride yourself on. You will be required to have an excellent attention to detail and be confident in communication and training of shop floor operatives.
Autocraft Drivetrain Solutions based in Grantham, Lincolnshire is part of the Autocraft Solutions Group. ADS is Europe’s largest independent engine remanufacturer and assembler producing over 20,000 engines per year, and is a technology leader in Electric Vehicle battery assembly and remanufacturing solutions, component machining and engineering services to the global OEMs.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant field however other qualifications or experience may be considered
- 5 years’ experience in an engine assembly environment (other relevant experience may be considered)
- Experience of programming DC tools (e.g Atlas Copco etc)
- Experience of SCARA robot programming
- Develop Specification Documents for capital equipment for engine/subcomponent assembly equipment
- Project Management of capital expenditure projects including supporting writing and maintaining project timing plans
- Working with both suppliers and customers to provide solutions to engineering requirements
- Good time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and the sections that make this up including Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEA’s, Control Plans, ISIR Requirements
- Support production for issue resolution, training, and process optimisation
- Work in an IATF16949 environment and in line with the company’s quality standards
- Experience of programming Camera Recognition software would be beneficial but is not essential
- Experience of Solidworks or another 3D CAD package is preferred but not essential
- £40,000 pa depending on experience
- Growing and ambitious company!
- Interesting environment developing fast-paced innovative assembly techniques to revolutionise the industry!
- Full-time, permanent position, staff day shift and early finish on Fridays!
- Company quarterly performance Bonus scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On-site parking