Due to further growth at our Wellingborough facility, we are looking to recruit an experienced Manufacturing Engineer with a track record in the production of machined components from design through to manufacture.
Autocraft Machining Solutions is part of the Autocraft Solutions Group. Our 7,000sqm facility in Wellingborough is home to the group’s medium to high volume machining capability. AMS specialises in cylinder head & block machining, bed plates, ladder frames, EV motor & transmission casings, and structural BIW components.
Your main responsibility will be to prove out fixtures, tooling and programs on our range of 3 to 5-axis CNC machining centres. You’ll be a confident user of both Fanuc and Siemens Sinumerik CNC controls and will be skilled in the use of Solidworks CAD and PowerMill CAM software (or similar), as most of the programming will be done offline.
As a passionate believer in continuous improvement, you’ll be responsible for evaluating existing machining processes, identifying optimisation and cost reduction opportunities, and implementing changes using lean principles.
Working alongside a cross-functional team of experienced engineers, you’ll assist in specifying, procuring and signing off standard and bespoke tooling, equipment and machinery, to ensure that robust capable processes are established from the start. You’ll monitor product cell OEE, constantly improving machine and equipment availability, productivity and quality. You’ll liaise daily with the Quality and Maintenance teams to ensure the machinery and equipment are maintained, available for use and outputting quality parts.
You’ll create, maintain and develop Process Documentation, such as Process Sheets, FMEA, Process Flow and APQP. A quality background would be advantageous as you’ll be carrying out internal process audits to ensure process instructions are being followed and are correct. If any discrepancies are identified, you’ll take remedial actions as necessary. Training of production operatives will be required to ensure machinery, fixtures and equipment are used correctly.
Flexibility to work overtime and travel to customer/supplier sites when required is essential.
- A HNC/HND or Degree in Mechanical, Production or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent is essential
- A relevant time-served apprenticeship is desirable
- Proven experience gained within low to medium volume machining processes, preferably gained within an automotive environment
- Project co-ordination including budget control and man management skills
- Constructing CNC programmes from 2D drawings and 3D models and ability to prove out on CNC machines
- CNC programming using CAD/CAM package
- Proven knowledge of CNC cutting tools
- Proven experience of CNC machine manual programming on Fanuc and Siemens controls
- Solidworks / PowerMill experience
- IT literacy, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Interpretation of geometric tolerancing and 2D/3D drawings
- Good communication skills
- Problem Solving using recognised tools and techniques
- Understanding and experience of APQP, FMEAs, PPAP, SPC
- £45,000 pa depending on experience
- Growing and financially secure business
- Full-time, permanent position, staff day shift and early finish on Fridays!
- Company quarterly performance bonus scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On-site parking