The role of mechanical design engineer will consist of working as part of an energetic and progressive design team, providing innovative solutions to our customers that incorporate a high level of industry knowledge and cutting edge technology.
The role reports directly to the Design Team Leader on day to day basis but the role has an element of autonomy to it, requiring you to work on your own initiative and within a team.
- Design and coordination of mechanical and electro-mechanical elements of complex, special purpose machinery, integrated automation systems and robotic cells.
- Evaluate and understands project requirements to plan execution of components design, select system components and prepare design specification.
- Prepare design calculations, specifications and documentation.
- Generate complex part and assembly models within SolidWorks and co-ordinate the design with other parties.
- Attend design meetings / reviews and be able to communicate your design intent.
- Convert 3D models into General Arrangement and Detail drawings for manufacture in accordance with recognised drawing standards.
- Provide input and advice to the installation team during the installation of the project on-site including the preparation of layout drawings and handover documentation.
- As you progress, the role will develop to include taking ownership of a full project from the initial design concepts through to the final commissioning of the solutions we provide to our customers.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
The Candidate will ideally have a minimum of 5 years industry experience in special purpose machinery and automation systems or a related engineering field.
- A high level of experience in 3D modelling of parts, complex assemblies and producing 2D manufacturing drawings within SolidWorks with a good working knowledge of GD&T.
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing processes and Design for Manufacture principles.
- Ability to produce both hand calculations and computational simulations to support your designs.
- Good working knowledge in Pneumatic & Hydraulic systems would be advantageous.
- Any previous experience in machine tools and tooling design is highly desirable.
- Basic understanding in Drives and Controls would be advantageous.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment, meeting strict deadlines to a high standard and attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
Hours: 39 hours
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Holidays: 32 days a year inclusive of public / bank holidays
Benefits: Pension scheme
Apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
At this time, Unison Ltd are not considering introductions by recruitment agencies.