Purpose of the Operations Manager role:
To work directly with the Group Strategic Account Director to facilitate a growth plan that delivers a greater geographical and specific customer reach, meets increased turnover and profitability demands and expectations whilst nurturing a culture of continuous improvement across the maintenance areas of the adi Electrical business.
Management of labour and resources effectively on multiple sites to ensure project completion on time and within budget.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Evaluate small, medium and large-scale revenue and capital opportunities and work with the Group Strategic Account Director to identify our primary revenue opportunities and coordinate direct, as well as Group resources to deliver compliant and successful tender returns.
- Provide customer quotations based upon scope of works documents and site visits as necessary, ensuring all tasks and activities are performed to satisfy Quality Plans and Specifications, in accordance with company policies, procedures, UK Regulations and Client requirements
- Managing and coordinating teams of Project Managers and engineers to deliver projects
- Ensure standardised format documentation are utilised by all direct reports in key areas such as estimating, quotation and Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Set and drive a culture of safe working practice throughout all direct report adi Electrical sites and employees
- Manage and facilitate our compliance to Industry standards
- Manage and facilitate our training records and validations
- Work with the Group Strategic Account Director to set clear stretched goals and objectives for key individuals, sites and customers
- Delivery of continued profit improvement through financial, resource and project controls
- The control of pooled and Group Electrical resources and their allocation as appropriate
- Assist the Group Strategic Account Director as required
Operations Manager Requirements:
- Able to demonstrate a strong commercial and operations management background.
- Completion of a recognised electrical qualification or time served trade apprenticeship
- Proven record of success in a similar role within an industrial and/or manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experience defining and managing best practice in respect of both financial and operational management
- Experience of successful management of small/medium budget projects within tight financial circumstances and in a competitive environment, as well as term maintenance contracts
- Ability to build strong relationships both internal and external
- Experience of customer and stakeholder management
- Demonstrate ability to understand engineering drawings
- Demonstrate full understanding Health and Safety practices
- Understand and be able to create Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Well developed management skills with excellent influencing capabilities.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Able to work closely with clients and their representatives
- Must be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Works well under pressure with an ability to prioritise workload, multitask and deliver to deadlines
- Team player who focuses on contributing to and optimising the team output
- Sound judgement and decision making capabilities
- Professional hands-on individual who is reliable and flexible in their approach to work
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to take ownership and accountability without daily guidance
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- Professional manner with strong command of the English language
- Strong ability to demonstrate problem solving, a driver of continuous improvement.
- Keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail with a methodical approach
- Flexibility and desire to learn and develop skill set
- Experience of working in the Food and Beverage industry would be advantageous
- Experience in setting/contributing to strategy
- Experience of effective policy development
- Membership of a relevant certified body or possession of an appropriate Management Qualification