Job Title: Plater
Reporting to: Manufacturing Manager
Responsible for the production of fabrications to agreed quality specifications and within times allowed. In achieving these requirements, the Plater will supervise welders and semi-skilled operatives (while under Plater’s control) and liaise with Inspection personnel. From time to time the Plater may be a team member under the supervision of a Working Foreman or Chargehand.
Main Duties: -
- Check and produce cutting lists.
- Production of fabrications from engineering drawings.
- Produce pattern developments and templates, as necessary.
- Manufacture jigs, fixtures, and tooling to suit production.
- Use of tools to measure work and check work.
- Set and Operate: -
All common hand tools
MMA, MIG, TIG Welding Equipment
Plasma and Oxy-fuel cutting equipment
Fusion Bar welder
To abide by ALMOR’s Works Rules and in particular to conform to acceptable standards of general conduct, attendance and time keeping, quantity and quality of work and workshop Health and Safety matters.
To recognise the role and authority of the Production Supervisor (where appropriate).
Please contact email: - [email protected]