We have a vacancy for a Procurement, Planning & Logisitics Manager to join the senior management team at our manufacturing site in Telford, Shropshire, UK.
Please submit applications via LinkedIn with accompanying CV.
Job Title: Procurement, Planning & Logisitics Manager Reporting To: Managing Director –
B+K UK Location: Telford, Shropshire,
UK. Shifts / hours As required to fulfill responsibilities of role.
Base office hours: Monday-Thursday 08.30 to 17.00, Friday 08.30 to 16.00. 1 hour daily for lunch 36.5 contracted hours per week, Monday to Friday.
• To support the management of the company in all matters relating to procurement, planning, product data management, warehousing & logistics operations in the UK.
• Responsibility for procurement, planning and warehouse & logistics operations and to provide leadership and support to those teams at the Telford UK site.
• Member of the UK senior management team.
• Drive bottom line performance through pro-active management.
• Ensure robust employee communication and involvement to fully engage everyone in delivering all site KPI’s.
• To ensure all Quality standards are maintained.
• To follow and promote continuous improvements methodologies in the operations environment to facilitate first class productivity.
• To ensure performance objectives are met to satisfy the requirements of customers and shareholders.
• To work with operational management to minimize site waste.
Role Objectives / Principle Duties
This position is a senior management position with associated responsibility for Health & Safety, Quality, Waste Reduction and Continuous Improvement . The position is of fundamental importance in the company’s drive for continual improvement, and will include the following objectives as part of a comprehensive brief:
• Ensure the working environment you are responsible for is maintained in line with the 5S standards and continuously improve the 5S audit score.
• To manage relationships with suppliers to the UK operation and to liaise with B+K group colleagues in respect of group supply contracts.
• Lead negotiations with suppliers of all goods & services, meet suppliers and partners off-site when required, including international travel where necessary.
• Liaise with suppliers and operational management on polymer & masterbatch development to identify innovations and/or cost savings whilst meeting customer and machine requirements.
• To ensure inventories are professionally controlled and safeguarded.
• To ensure customer delivery requirements are met (OTIF).
• To work closely with operational and sales management in setting and delivering the production plan.
• Promote, and participate in, a continuous improvement culture to improve operational performance of the department.
• Promote team working through colleague engagement. Ensure effective and robust communication to involve and engage your team.
• Work with management colleagues to promote and ensure a safe working environment.
• Ensure the plans and targets are achieved.
• Carry out ad-hoc tasks as required by the Managing Director. Candidate Profile Experienced in a similar role in MP&L, procurement or supply chain management, candidates will be able to demonstrate previous experience within a manufacturing business. A proven track record in a similar role. Results focused. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to influence, network and develop relationships at all levels. Knowledge and experience using Continuous Improvement techniques in a manufacturing environment.
Personal attributes: The appointee will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Hands-on, capable and reliable individual.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• The personality to positively influence colleagues.
• Digitally savvy.
• A pro-active, innovative and creative approach to their tasks and responsibilities.
• Forward thinking and a willingness to promote and embrace change.
• The ability to work under pressure with an analytical and problem-solving approach to their work.
• Attention to detail.
• Flexibility as a team player with the ability to work on their own initiative.
• Commitment and determination to succeed. Salary Package Salary: £Competitive.
Pension: Defined contribution pension scheme with matching employer contribution.
Death in service insurance. 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 days with service, plus statutory holidays.
Private Medical Insurance Income protection insurance.
Cycle to work scheme Employee assistance programme