Calling all manufacturing Production Operatives - recruiting immediately! Apply today!
Have you worked in a manufacturing environment before? Do you have experience working with production machinery or hand tools? Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a number of Production Operatives to work in various areas of our busy facility, operating our CNC machining centres to produce components for a range of prestigious automotive, aviation and marine customers! We have a number of vacancies on both our 2 shift system of earlies and lates, and also our night shift.
If you have previous experience as a CNC machine operator or a very hands-on engineering role in a similar manufacturing environment, then we definitely want to hear from you, although full training will be provided!
Based at Autocraft Machining Solutions in Park Farm South, Wellingborough, our CNC Machine Operators work in various parts of the factory producing the highest quality engine and structural components supplied to prestigious clients such as Jaguar Land Rover, Aston Martin, Perkins, Cox Powertrain, Austro Engine and many more. Operating a variety of high-quality precision machining centres, your role will involve carefully following process sheets, loading and unloading components, safe operation of machining centres and other machinery involved in the process such as washes, gauging and other assembly equipment.
Initially the role will be on a day-shift basis while training is undertaken and upon successful completion you will be transferred onto:
- 2-shift system (weekly rotation): Monday to Friday: 'Earlies’ 6am-2pm (£9.50/hr) and ‘Lates’ 2pm-10pm (£9.50/hr + 10% shift premium = £10.45/hr)
- Night shift: Sunday to Thursday: 22:00-06:00 - finishes on Friday morning: (£9.50/hr + 30% shift premium = £12.35/hr)
Please tell us which shift(s) you wish to be considered for on our application form.
Part of the Autocraft Solutions Group, Autocraft Machining Solutions was created when the land and assets from the ex-Mahle Powertrain site in Wellingborough were purchased in June 2018. AMS has grown from 0-75 employees in 2 years, and will be doubling the workforce to 160 in the next 12 months.
We have full order books and are ramping up to full production, so if you're a conscientious, reliable and quality-driven person, we want to hear from you! Take your first step today to your career with Autocraft!
- Punctuality and reliability
- Commitment to quality, health and safety
- Keen, can-do attitude!
Desirable (but not essential) for the CNC Machine Operator role:
- Previous experience operating CNC machine tools
- Knowledge and experience in the use of types of gauging
- A good interest in the automotive and aviation industries
- Recruiting now, immediate starts available and training provided!
- Permanent, full-time positions, no Zero-hour contracts!
- Innovative company with on-going training and career progression
- Financially strong and stable company with many new contracts to introduce in 2021 and beyond
- Producing machined components for prestigious UK automotive brands
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 24+8 days holiday entitlement per year!