Due new projects and sustained growth, we are recruiting a number of Production Operatives to join our brand new start-of-the-art engine build facility at Autocraft Machining Solutions in Wellingborough.
We are looking for candidates with 'hands-on' experience in a similar mechanical engineering environment as the work is mainly assembly of prestigious high performance car engines for UK manufacturers. Previous experience of engine building is desirable, but not essential, as our innovative assembly systems guide the Operative through the process. Full training will be provided, but absolutely essential is a keen attitude, commitment to the highest quality standards, and excellent communication skills, reliability and punctuality. We are interviewing immediately, so apply today!
Part of the Autocraft Solutions Group, Autocraft Machining Solutions was created when the land and assets from the ex-Mahle Powertrain site in Wellingborough were purchased in June 2018. AMS has grown from 0-105 employees in 2 years, and will be increasing the workforce to 160 in the next 12 months.
We have full order books and are ramping up to full production, so if you're a conscientious, reliable and quality-driven person, we want to hear from you! Take your first step today to your career with Autocraft!
Shifts & Salary
Initially the role will be on a day-shift basis while training is undertaken on the and upon successful completion you will be transferred onto our 2-shift system: Monday to Friday: 'Earlies’ 6am-2pm (£9.50/hr) and ‘Lates’ 2pm-10pm (£9.50/hr + 10% shift premium = £10.45/hr)
Please be aware that you may be required to work any of our 3 shifts if business requirements change, but reasonable notice will be given if this is required.
- Operate production equipment to build high quality engines
- Follow all work processes to a very high standard
- Keep the worksite clean to avoid hazards
- Follow the company’s health & safety and quality guidelines
- Previous experience as a production worker or similar role
- Good understanding of how production equipment works
- Knowledge of basic safety rules and precautionary measures (safety gear will be provided)
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work any of the 3 shifts if required, and in any part of the facility if business needs change
- Recruiting now, immediate starts available and training provided!
- Permanent, full-time positions, no Zero-hour contracts!
- Innovative company with on-going training and career progression
- Financially strong and stable company with many new contracts to introduce in 2021 and beyond
- Producing high performance for prestigious UK automotive brands
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On-site parking & good transport links
- 24 days company holiday plus 8 days bank hols!