We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Technician &Workshop Supervisor to undertake build operations at our Telford HQ.
Due to the nature of our team, the day to day work is varied and requires the application of mixed engineering disciplines ranging from fabrication to precision tool and fixture assembly. As Senior Mechanical Fitter / Workshop Supervisor you will report to the Operations Manager and lead the day-to-day operational activities in the workshop. You will be expected to help lead the team to ensure that all work is completed efficiently, on time and to a high standard. You will become a valued member of the Operations team and will contribute to overcoming a wide range of engineering challenges.
The candidate will have a number of years’ experience as senior / leadership role within a similar engineering arena. Day to day practical skills and experience should include the following areas:
- Ensuring that workshop operations are undertaken in a safe efficient manner.
- Working closely with the management team, suppliers and customers (good communication skills).
- Reading detailed technical drawings.
- MIG Welding & General fabrication. TIG Welding experience would be advantageous.
- Precision assembly / setting of jigs & fixtures.
- Assembly of large mechanical equipment with electrical and pneumatic drive systems
- Machining (Milling & Turning) for modification / general fitting of components.
- Experience with automation systems.
- Site installation work
- Valid Forklift Truck license would be advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic and growing team who develop and deploy leading automation systems over the UK and further afield.